2019-20 NHL – Colorado Avalanche @ Los Angeles Kings Preview & Pick
When is Colorado Avalanche @ Los Angeles Kings taking place? Tuesday 10th March, 2020 – 02:30 (UK)
Where is Colorado Avalanche @ Los Angeles Kings taking place? Staples Center
What channel is Colorado Avalanche @ Los Angeles Kings on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Colorado Avalanche @ Los Angeles Kings? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Colorado Avalanche @ Los Angeles Kings? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Colorado Avalanche 2 – 1 Los Angeles Kings
THE TEAM NEWS
- Colorado are coming off a 4-3 win over the San Jose Sharks and that win ended their two-game losing streak. That said, they remain a playoff team and currently sit in second place in the Western Conference standings with 90 points out of 68 games.
- The Avalanche list four players as day-to-day for this game, as Andre Burakovsky, Matt Calvert, Cale Makar and Mikko Rantanen will all be game-time decisions for the coaching staff. Philipp Grubauer, Nazem Kadri and Colin Wilson have already been ruled out.
- Nathan MacKinnon should be Colorado’s player to watch here. The 24-year-old center has multiple points in each of his last three outings. He's up to 35 goals, 93 points, 317 shots and a plus-14 rating in 68 contests this year.
LOS ANGELES KINGS
- The Kings are going through their best run of form in the 2019-20 season, and their 7-3 win over the Minnesota Wild pushed their winning streak to five games. However, they remain at the bottom of the Western Conference standings with 60 points and do not have a shot at making the playoffs.
- Los Angeles should be quite close to full strength in this game and the lone potential absentee might be Jeff Carter, who’s dealing with a lower-body injury and will be a game-time decision for the coaching staff. The rest of the team will be at full strength.
- Anze Kopitar remains the Kings’ best player. The 32-year-old center is coming off a three-point performance against Minnesota and he sits at 62 points in 68 games this year, thanks to 21 goals and 41 assists.
The Kings are one of the hottest teams in the Western Conference with five straight wins, as no other side on the West has accomplished that feat during that span. However, the Avalanche are the better side by a wide margin. Colorado are preparing themselves for the playoffs and while winning on the road is never easy, they should be able to have a bounce-back performance after snapping their two-game losing streak. The Avalanche should win here on the strength of their superior stats since they have a stronger attack and a stingier defence.