2019-20 NHL – Colorado Avalanche @ Carolina Hurricanes Preview & Pick
When is Colorado Avalanche @ Carolina Hurricanes taking place? Saturday 29th February, 2020 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Colorado Avalanche @ Carolina Hurricanes taking place? PNC Arena, Raleigh
What channel is Colorado Avalanche @ Carolina Hurricanes on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Colorado Avalanche @ Carolina Hurricanes? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Colorado Avalanche @ Carolina Hurricanes? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Colorado Avalanche 1 – 3 Carolina Hurricanes
THE TEAM NEWS
- Colorado are quietly settling near the top of the Western Conference and their recent win over the Buffalo Sabres pushed their winning streak to four games. The Avs are in second place of the West with 81 points in 62 games.
- The Avalanche are listing two players as questionable in forward Andrew Burakovsky and goaltender Philipp Grubauer – and four confirmed absentees. Forwards Matt Calvert, Mikko Rantanen, Nazem Kadri and Colin Wilson have all been ruled out of this match.
- Star center Nathan MacKinnon is the engine that keeps the team going, and he is enjoying a stellar season that could very well translate into a career-year once it’s all said and done. He hasn’t gotten points in his last two games, but he still has 84 points (33 goals, 51 assists) in only 61 contests.
- The Hurricanes are trying to remain in playoff zone of the Eastern Conference but their recent inconsistencies have made things hard for them of late. Carolina have gone 2-3 in their last five games and are coming off a 4-1 loss to the Dallas Stars, but they still sit in eighth place of the East with 74 points.
- Goaltender Petr Mzarek has been listed as day-to-day with concussion-like symptoms while defenceman Sami Vatanen is also doubtful. Goaltender James Reimer and defencemen Brett Pesce and Dougie Hamilton have already been ruled out of this contest.
- Carolina have three players that have already surpassed the 55-point mark this season but one to watch here should be Sebastian Aho. He is producing at an elite level in 2019-20, and the 22-year-old center currently has 60 points (36 goals, 24 assists) in 62 regular season games. He has collected five goals and two assists in his last five outings.
Colorado’s calling card is their attacking power and consistency, with numbers to back that up since they own the Western Conference’s top attack – 215 goals scored – and the second-best defence – 168 goals conceded. They also enter this matchup on the heels of a four-game winning run and look primed to make a deep postseason run, while the Hurricanes are barely hanging on to a playoff berth due to their own inconsistencies on both ends of the ice. The ‘Canes have the edge of playing at home, but that won’t be enough to pull the upset against the Avalanche.