2019-20 NHL – Chicago Blackhawks @ Vegas Golden Knights Preview & Pick
When is Chicago Blackhawks @ Vegas Golden Knights taking place? Thursday 14th November, 2019 – 03:00 (UK)
Where is Chicago Blackhawks @ Vegas Golden Knights taking place? T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas
What channel is Chicago Blackhawks @ Vegas Golden Knights on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Chicago Blackhawks @ Vegas Golden Knights? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Chicago Blackhawks @ Vegas Golden Knights? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Chicago Blackhawks 1 – 2 Vegas Golden Knights
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Blackhawks have been extremely inconsistent of late, trading wins and losses over their last five games (W2, WO1, LO1, L1), although they are coming off a 5-4 win over the Toronto Maple Leafs in their most recent contest. Their season has been a disappointment, however, and they sit in 12th place of the Western Conference with 16 points in 17 games (W4, WO2, LO4, L7).
- Chicago should be relatively healthy entering this contest. Center Ryan Carpenter (personal reasons) and defenceman Connor Murphy (groin) have been listed as game-time decisions for the coaching staff. The Blackhawks do not have confirmed absences, meaning they could be at full strength here.
- The Blackhawks will probably rely on veteran Patrick Kane to produce on offense. The 30-year-old Kane leads the Blackhawks in goals (eight), assists (12), points (20) and power-play points (six) ahead of this matchup. He has 10 points (five goals, five assists) over this last five games.
LAS VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
- The Vegas franchise enter this matchup on a three-game losing run (LO1, L2) following their 3-2 at the Detroit Red Wings the last time out. The Golden Knights have won just one of their last six games and currently sit in ninth place of the Western Conference with 21 points.
- The Golden Knights will be without right winger Valentin Zykov, as he is out with a suspension and will only be eligible to return on November 29th. Meanwhile, forward Alex Tuch (upper body) has been listed as day-to-day and will be a game-time decision for the coaching staff.
- Mark Stone should be Vegas’ player to watch here. Even though he doesn’t lead the team in either goals or assists, he’s the franchise top scorer with 18 points in 19 games (eight goals, 10 assists). He has picked up seven of those points in the power-play, although he is on a four-game pointless streak.
Vegas enter this contest with a better position in the standings but they are currently going through their worst stretch of form this season thanks to an on-going three-game losing run. They have scored, and conceded, 56 goals on each side of the ice, while Chicago currently own one of the weakest attacking lines in the Western Conference. This has the makings of a low-scoring affair but given Chicago’s struggles on the road – where they have posted a WO1, LO2, L4 record – then Vegas should be considered as favourites to win.