2019-20 NHL – Chicago Blackhawks @ Philadelphia Flyers Preview & Prediction
When is Chicago Blackhawks @ Philadelphia Flyers taking place? Friday 4th October, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Chicago Blackhawks @ Philadelphia Flyers taking place? 02 Arena
What television channel is Chicago Blackhawks @ Philadelphia Flyers on? Check back here closer to the match for TV info
Where can I stream Chicago Blackhawks @ Philadelphia Flyers? Check back here closer to the match for live streaming info
Where can I get tickets for Chicago Blackhawks @ Philadelphia Flyers? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Chicago Blackhawks 1 – 3 Philadelphia Flyers
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Blackhawks went 2-3 in their final five games of the regular season and missed out on the playoffs as they ended in 10th place of the Western Conference with 84 points, six adrift of a postseason berth.
- Blackhawks' legend Patrick Kane is coming off another stellar year with 110 points (44 goals and 66 assists; led the franchise on both categories). Jonathan Toews had 81 points (35 goals, 46 assists) and Alex DeBrincat chipped in with 41 goals and 35 assists for the year. Defenceman Erik Gustafsson had 43 assists in 79 appearances.
- Chicago didn’t do much in the free agent market since they only re-signed David Kampf to a two-year contract, while inking goaltender Robin Lehner to a one-year deal and forward Ryan Carpenter to a three-year contract. They lost Brandon Davidson (Flames), Marcus Kruger (Zurich) and Andreas Martinsen (Ducks), among others.
- The Flyers were one of the worst teams in the NHL during the final weeks of the regular season and ended the campaign on a five-game losing streak while losing eight of the last 10. As a result, Philadelphia finished the 2018-19 regular season in 11th place of the Eastern Conference with 82 points.
- Claude Giroux was the top player for the Flyers with 85 points, including a team-high 63 assists. Sean Couturier ended with 76 points (team-high 33 goals, 43 assists) and Jakub Voracek had 66 points (20 goals, 46 assists). The other top-scoring threat was James van Riemsdyk, who had 27 goals on route towards a 48-point season.
- The Flyers were one of the most active teams in the free agent market since they added eight new players, including forward Andy Andreoff, defenseman Andy Welinski and goaltender Jean-Francois Berube. Out of the new players that arrived, only Andreoff and Welinski were not signed to two-way contracts. Among the departures were Byron Freese, Cam Talbot (both signed with Calgary), Justin Bailey (Canucks), Phil Varone (Canadiens) and Mike Vecchione (Blues).
Philadelphia ended last season on a negative run of form and they have all the hallmarks of a team that must gel to reach their potential. The Blackhawks aren’t exactly a frightening side either and this could be decided for the home-field advantage. Either way, this contest should be extremely tight.