2019-20 NHL – Chicago Blackhawks @ Montreal Canadiens Preview & Pick
When is Chicago Blackhawks @ Montreal Canadiens taking place? Thursday 16th January, 2020 – 00:30 (UK)
Where is Chicago Blackhawks @ Montreal Canadiens taking place? Bell Centre, Montreal
What channel is Chicago Blackhawks @ Montreal Canadiens on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Chicago Blackhawks @ Montreal Canadiens? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Chicago Blackhawks @ Montreal Canadiens? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Chicago Blackhawks 2 – 0 Montreal Canadiens
THE TEAM NEWS
- Chicago began their Canadian road trip with a 3-2 win over the Ottawa Senators and that pushed their winning streak to two games while posting a 3-2 mark over their last five contests. As a result, the Blackhawks sit in 11th place of the Western Conference standings with 48 points out of 47 games. They are six points adrift a playoff berth at the moment.
- The Blackhawks enter this game quite depleted as defencemen Brent Seabrook and Calvin de Haan, centers Andrew Shaw and Dylan Strome and winger Brandon Saad are all ruled out. Saad, Strome and Shaw, however, could return to action in the coming days.
- Patrick Kane continues to be one of the most productive centers in the league, and he is enjoying another stellar season as the undisputed leader of the Blackhawks' offense. He is up to 59 points (24 goals, 35 assists) in only 47 games, and is currently riding a seven-game point streak (four goals, eight helpers during that span).
- Montreal enter this game on the heels of a two-game winning streak following a 2-0 home win over the Calgary Flames the last time out. However, they still own a 2-3 mark over their last five contests and as a result, they sit in a disappointing 13th place of the Eastern Conference standings with 47 points out of 47 games – seven points behind the 8th place.
- Star winger Brendan Gallagher could return to action here but he will be a game-time decision for the coaching staff. However, a trio of forwards, Joel Armia, Paul Byron and Jonathan Drouin, have already been ruled out of this match.
- As it has been the case during the last few weeks, the Canadiens will rely on left winger Tomas Tamar for scoring production. Right now, he tops the team with 39 points in 47 games thanks to 16 goals and 23 assists.
Both teams have been under-performing in the first half of the season, although both enter this matchup on two-game winning streaks. Only one will be able to extend that run further, however, and it seems the Canadiens are slightly better equipped to do so. Aside from the fact they will be playing in front of their own crowd, Montreal have a stronger attack (145 goals scored against Chicago’s 137) and a better defensive record (148 goals allowed against Chicago’s 152) despite playing the exact same number of matches. Even against Chicago’s impressive road form – four wins from their last five games – Montreal should be able to win here.