2019-20 NHL – Chicago Blackhawks @ Detroit Red Wings Preview & Pick
When is Chicago Blackhawks @ Detroit Red Wings taking place? Saturday 7th March, 2020 – 00:30 (UK)
Where is Chicago Blackhawks @ Detroit Red Wings taking place? Little Caesars Arena
What channel is Chicago Blackhawks @ Detroit Red Wings on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Chicago Blackhawks @ Detroit Red Wings? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Chicago Blackhawks @ Detroit Red Wings? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Chicago Blackhawks 4 – 2 Detroit Red Wings
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Blackhawks are coming off a 4-3 win over the Edmonton Oilers and that result pushed their winning streak to four games. Chicago sit in 12th place of the Western Conference standings with 70 points and, as of now, they are four points away from a playoff berth with 15 games left in their schedule.
- Lucas Carlsson has been listed as questionable due to an upper body injury and he will be a game-time decision for the Blackhawks. Calvin de Haan, Brent Seabrook, Andrew Shaw and Zack Smith are all set to miss the remainder of the regular season.
- Patrick Kane had one goal and one assist the last time out, and he should be Chicago’s main player to watch here. The winger currently leads Chicago in points with 80, thanks to his 29 goals and 51 assists.
DETROIT RED WINGS
- The Red Wings can’t stop losing but that seems to be their strategy this season, and they are coming off a 2-1 loss to the Colorado Avalanche – that defeat pushed their losing run to six games. They are just 1-9 in their last nine games and sit at the bottom of the Eastern Conference with only 35 points.
- Filip Zadina has been listed as a game-time decision due to a leg injury, while Adam Erne might return later this month. Johan Franzen, Danny DeKeyser and Henrik Zetterberg are all out for the season.
- Dylan Larkin should be Detroit’s player to watch here. He is going through a strong run of form of late, netting three goals and supplying six assists during his last seven outings, and he currently leads the club with 49 points (18 goals and 31 assists).
The Red Wings are by far the worst team in the NHL this season, 25 points behind the 14th-placed team in the Eastern Conference, the Ottawa Senators, while posting the league’s worst attack – 136 goals scored – and the worst defence – 257 goals conceded. Chicago might be playing on the road, but they are on a four-game winning streak and shouldn’t face major problems in securing the victory against this struggling Detroit squad.