2019-20 NHL – Carolina Hurricanes @ Washington Capitals Preview & Pick
When is Carolina Hurricanes @ Washington Capitals taking place? Tuesday 14th January, 2020 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Carolina Hurricanes @ Washington Capitals taking place? Capital One Arena, Washington
What channel is Carolina Hurricanes @ Washington Capitals on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Carolina Hurricanes @ Washington Capitals? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Carolina Hurricanes @ Washington Capitals? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Carolina Hurricanes 3 – 4 Washington Capitals
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Hurricanes are coming off a 2-0 win over the Los Angeles Kings and that win pushed their winning streak to three games. Owners of a 3-2 mark over their last five contests, Carolina are in sixth place of the Eastern Conference standings with 56 points after 45 games.
- Carolina enter this game without any injuries. That should allow the coaching staff to field the best team possible considering they are going to face one of the top teams in the Eastern Conference this season.
- Teuvo Teravainen racked up two points the last time out, and he already has 34 assists (as well as nine goals) this season. He has 43 points in 45 games, and he is on pace to surpass his career-high mark of 76 points set last season.
- The Capitals have been struggling in recent weeks and their disappointing 5-1 loss to the New Jersey Devils was their second in a row. They still have a 3-2 mark over their last five games, however, and are tied at the top of the Eastern Conference standings with the Boston Bruins on 65 points.
- Washington will be close to full strength as well, as they will only have to deal with the absence of right winger Richard Panik. He has been listed out due to an undisclosed injury, but he is expected to return during this week.
- Veteran sniper Alex Ovechkin should be the player to watch here for the Capitals. He might be coming off two straight goalless appearances, but he still sits as one of the most productive players on the roster with 42 points out of 46 games (26 goals, 16 assists). He is expected to end the drought sooner than later.
The Capitals might be riding a two-game losing streak, but they own the second-best attack in the Conference and are primed for a bounce-back performance following two defeats against lesser opponents. Plus, the Hurricanes are coming off two straight losses on the road, while the Capitals are coming off two wins in their last three home games. It is going to be a tight game, but Washington should be able to secure the win here.