2019-20 NHL – Carolina Hurricanes @ Vancouver Canucks Preview & Pick
When is Carolina Hurricanes @ Vancouver Canucks taking place? Friday 13rd December, 2019 – 03:00 (UK)
Where is Carolina Hurricanes @ Vancouver Canucks taking place? Rogers Arena, Vancouver
What channel is Carolina Hurricanes @ Vancouver Canucks on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Carolina Hurricanes @ Vancouver Canucks? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Carolina Hurricanes @ Vancouver Canucks? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Carolina Hurricanes 5 – 2 Vancouver Canucks
THE TEAM NEWS
- Carolina could be considered as one of the hottest teams in the NHL right now, as they enter this game on a three-game winning run following their 6-3 away win over the mighty Edmonton Oilers last time out. Winners in four of their last five, the Canes are in fifth place of the Eastern Conference with 39 points out of 31 games.
- The Hurricanes are relatively healthy entering this contest. Their lone absentee here will be center Erik Haula, who continues to be a few weeks away from return due to a nagging knee injury.
- Dougie Hamilton already has 30 points in 31 games this season, and that tally includes 11 goals so he’s on track to surpass the 18 goals he had during the 2018/19 campaign. However, he only has one goal in his last eight contests.
- The Canucks are in the midst of a playoff race and right now they sit in ninth place of the Eastern Conference standings with 34 points out of 31 matches. They have won three of their last five games, but they are coming off a disappointing 4-1 home defeat against the Toronto Maple Leafs the last time out.
- Forwards Brandon Sutter and Micheal Ferland, as well as defenceman Tyler Motte, have been listed as questionable ahead of this match. Tyler Graovac and Alexander Edler, meanwhile, have already been ruled out for this contest.
- Tanner Pearson has 20 points (eight goals, 12 assists) in 31 appearances this season. He has been on fire of late, however, notching three goals and five helpers in his last six games.
Carolina might be playing away from home in this match, but they should be considered as heavy favourites ahead of this matchup. Not only are they coming off a huge win against one of the top teams in the league, but they're also on a three-game winning run and currently own one of the best defences in the entire Eastern Conference – their 85 goals allowed rank is the third-best mark in the Conference. Expect the Hurricanes to win here.