When is Buffalo Sabres @ Toronto Maple Leafs taking place? Wednesday 18th December, 2019 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Buffalo Sabres @ Toronto Maple Leafs taking place? Scotiabank Arena, Toronto
What channel is Buffalo Sabres @ Toronto Maple Leafs on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Buffalo Sabres @ Toronto Maple Leafs? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Buffalo Sabres @ Toronto Maple Leafs? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Buffalo Sabres 1 – 2 Toronto Maple Leafs
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Sabres are coming off a 3-2 overtime loss against the New York Islanders, one of the best teams in the league at the moment. That loss snapped their winning run at three games, though Buffalo would clinch a playoff berth If the season ended today as they are in seventh place of the Eastern Conference with 39 points out of 34 games.
- Defenceman Matt Hunwick has been ruled out for the remainder of the season with a neck injury, while Vladimir Sobotka and Tage Thompson have been sidelined for this match and both will return around early January at the earliest.
- Jack Eichel must be one of the hottest players in the league at the moment as he is currently riding a 16-game point streak, racking up 15 goals and 29 points over that span. The five-year veteran has 48 points in 34 games this season.
TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS
- The Maple Leafs are coming off one of their best performances of the season when they secured a 4-1 win over the Edmonton Oilers the last time out. Toronto now have three wins in their last four games, and they currently sit in 10th place of the Eastern Conference with 36 points after 34 games.
- Forward Trevor Moore and defenceman Tyson Barrie have both been listed as questionable ahead of this game. Andreas Johnsson should be back in late December, while both David Clarkson and Nathan Horton have been ruled out for the rest of the season.
- Mitch Marner has picked up points in four of his last five games after returning form an injury, and he is one of the hottest players in the league over the past few weeks. The 22-year-old forward has 25 points in 23 games this season.
The Maple Leafs are coming off an impressive result the last time out, but there’s no question the Sabres have looked like the better team out there during the course of the regular season. While Buffalo own the worst defence out of the Top 8 teams in the Eastern Conference they still hold a better defensive unit than Toronto, but the Canadian franchise have a slightly better attack. This is probably going to be a tight game where the home-field advantage could play a big role. If that’s the case, then the Maple Leafs should have a slight edge entering this matchup.