When is Buffalo Sabres @ Colorado Avalanche taking place? Thursday 27th February, 2020 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Buffalo Sabres @ Colorado Avalanche taking place? Pepsi Center, Denver
What channel is Buffalo Sabres @ Colorado Avalanche on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Buffalo Sabres @ Colorado Avalanche? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Buffalo Sabres @ Colorado Avalanche? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Buffalo Sabres 1 – 6 Colorado Avalanche
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Sabres are in 12th place of the Eastern Conference standings and their playoff chances are drifting further and further with each passing game. They own a 4-1 mark in their last five contests and are riding a two-game winning streak following their 2-1 win over the Winnipeg Jets the last time out.
- Buffalo have goaltender Linus Ullmark listed as questionable due to a leg problem, while Matt Hunwick, Vladimir Sobotka and Tage Thompson have all been ruled out for the remainder of the season.
- Kyle Okposo has had a tough, injury-plagued season but he now has four goals and five points over the course of a four-game scoring streak and seems to be trending in the right direction of late.
- The Avalanche enter this contest on a three-game winning streak following their overtime win over Los Angeles Kings. Owners of a 3-2 mark on their last five games, the Avalanche sit in second place of the Western Conference standings with 78 points in 62 games.
- Colorado will determine whether Colin Wilson and Andre Burakowsky are available shortly before the puck drops. Four other players have been ruled out, though, in Matt Calvert, Philipp Grubauer, Nazem Kadri and Mikko Rantanen.
- Star center Nathan MacKinnon hasn’t scored in his last two appearances, but he remains Colorado’s best player this season. He has 84 points (33 goals and 51 assists) in 61 games during the course of the campaign.
The Sabres have been the better team of the two when it comes to the recent five-game form and, while Colorado sit higher in the standings, they have been trending in the wrong direction. Colorado have the better attack (212 goals scored against Buffalo’s 182) and the tougher defence (166 goals conceded against the Sabres’ 193), though. Home advantage should swing it the Avalanche's way if they can rediscover themselves, but this could be tight.