When is Boston Bruins @ Washington Capitals taking place? Thursday 12nd December, 2019 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Boston Bruins @ Washington Capitals taking place? Capital One Arena, Washington
What channel is Boston Bruins @ Washington Capitals on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Boston Bruins @ Washington Capitals? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Boston Bruins @ Washington Capitals? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Boston Bruins 2 – 3 Washington Capitals
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Bruins are undoubtedly riding their worst stretch of form during the current season and are coming off a 5-2 away defeat against the Ottawa Senators, with that result pushing their losing streak to three games. They had a good cushion, however, and they sit in second place of the Eastern Conference standings with 46 points in 31 games despite their poor run.
- Center Karson Kuhlman has been listed as questionable due to a leg injury, while defenceman Kevan Miller and forwards Zachary Senyshyn and Anton Bildh have been ruled out for this contest.
- Right winger David Pastrnak should remain as Boston’s main scoring threat this season. The 23-year-old forward currently paces the league with 25 goals, and overall he has 45 points in 31 appearances since he also has 20 assists to go along with a stellar 20.7 shooting percentage.
- The Capitals are also coming off a loss as they dropped their most recent home game 5-2 against the Columbus Blue Jackets. However, that result only ended Washington’s impressive six-game winning streak, with five of those coming in regulation. The Capitals sit at the top of the Eastern Conference standings with 49 points after 32 games.
- Surprisingly, Washington do not have any injured players ahead of this contest which gives the head coach the luxury of fielding his best pairings on both ends of the ice ahead of a tough contest against another Eastern Conference candidate.
- Veteran forward Alexander Ovechkin continues to produce at a strong note. He currently has 33 points in 32 games during the regular season, thanks to 21 goals and 12 assists to date. He had one goal and one assist the last time out against Columbus.
There’s no question these two teams are head and shoulders above the rest of the competition in the Eastern Conference, so it’s not easy to pick a favourite. Boston are on a disappointing three-game losing streak while the Capitals have lost just once in their last five contests. The Capitals currently own the league’s best attack with 117 goals scored, but Boston’s stellar defence has only allowed 78 goals. In a classic matchup between attack and defence, the recent form should be decisive since Boston are on a three-game losing run. Washington should be listed as favourites here thanks to their attacking prowess.