When is Boston Bruins @ Philadelphia Flyers taking place? Tuesday 10th March, 2020 – 23:00 (UK)
Where is Boston Bruins @ Philadelphia Flyers taking place? Wells Fargo Center
What channel is Boston Bruins @ Philadelphia Flyers on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Boston Bruins @ Philadelphia Flyers? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Boston Bruins @ Philadelphia Flyers? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Boston Bruins 5 – 6 Philadelphia Flyers
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Bruins might be coming off a 5-3 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning but that shouldn’t hide the fact that they remain the top side in the Eastern Conference this season. Boston sit in first place of the standings with 98 points and a 4-1 record in their last five games.
- Boston do not have confirmed absentees ahead of this game, but they list two players as game-time decisions in defencemen Brandon Carlo and Kevan Miller. The rest of the roster should be at full strength.
- Keep an eye on star winger David Pastrnak here. He’s on a five-game, six-point scoring streak (three goals, three assists) and is also the top scorer in the league, as he netted once again Tampa Bay and now has 48 goals in the 2019-20 season.
- The Flyers remain one of the hottest team in the NHL and are showing their best form right when the playoffs are just around the corner. Their recent 3-1 win over the Buffalo Sabres pushed their winning run to nine games and, as a result, they sit in fourth place of the standings with 89 points.
- Philadelphia will have three absentees for this game, as forwards Oskar Lindblom, Nolan Patrick and James van Riemsdyk have all been ruled out through injuries. Lindblom will miss the remainder of the season.
- Jakub Voracek has been one of the hottest players in the league over the last few weeks, and he is coming off a two-assist performance against Buffalo. He has 10 assists during a five-game point streak and 56 points, including 44 helpers, in 68 games during the current season.
Boston are the better side if we compare the two rosters on a man-to-man basis, but that’s where the advantages end for the Bruins. It seems no team in the league can stop the Flyers at the moment, as they have won their last nine outings and they will hold home advantage here. To make things even better, the Flyers now have a stronger attack compared to Boston’s (Philadelphia have scored 232 goals in 68 contests, while Boston have done it 225 times in one more game). The Bruins might be better defensively, but it remains to be seen if they will hold up against the Flyers’ sizzling attack. Philadelphia should be considered as favourites here.