When is Boston Bruins @ New Jersey Devils taking place? Wednesday 20th November, 2019 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Boston Bruins @ New Jersey Devils taking place? Prudential Center, Newark
What channel is Boston Bruins @ New Jersey Devils on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Boston Bruins @ New Jersey Devils? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Boston Bruins @ New Jersey Devils? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Boston Bruins 3 – 0 New Jersey Devils
THE TEAM NEWS
- Boston have been one of the top franchises in the Eastern Conference this season and they are in third place of the standings with 29 points. However, their injury woes are a big reason why they are riding their worst run of form thus far, and they are coming off a 2-3 shutout loss to the Washington Capitals with their five-game form reading W1, L4.
- The Bruins should be considerably depleted ahead of this contest, although several players have been listed as questionable. Jake DeBrusk (lower body) and Brett Ritchie (upper body) are slated to return, while Patrice Bergeron (lower body), David Backes (upper body) and John Moore (shoulder) will be game-time decisions. Torey Krug, Kevan Miller, Karson Kuhlman, Zachary Senyshyn and Anton Blidh have already been ruled out.
- David Pastrnak scored last time out to make it two in his last three games, and six in his last 10 games. The talented right winger is one of the league’s top scoring threats, as he has 32 points (17 goals, 15 assists) in only 20 games this season and he is the NHL’s leading goalscorer.
NEW JERSEY DEVILS
- The Devils enter this game on a two-game winning streak following their 3-4 overtime win on the road against the Montreal Canadiens. They have also won three of their last four contests, but that solid form has been an anomaly during a disappointing season. The Devils currently sit in 14th place of the Eastern Conference with 18 points.
- Center Kevin Rooney (upper body) and defenceman Connor Carrick (finger) are both unavailable ahead of this game. Neither is expected to recover in time for this matchup, and both are targeting next week – at the earliest – for a return. Sami Vatanen (upper body), meanwhile, is expected to return to action.
- Kyle Palmieri leads the Devils in goals with seven in 19 games, but their point leader – and player to watch – should be Taylor Hall. The 28-year-old left winger has just two goals, but 15 assists in 19 games and leads the entire team with 17 points.
There’s no question the Devils are the better side here when it comes to their form and their health overall, as the Bruins have been heavily depleted in recent weeks. However, Boston should recover several players here and they’re expected to bounce back following a poor run of form in their last five games. Boston’s impressive attack (70 goals scored, 3.5 per game) should be enough to secure a road win over New Jersey.