2019-20 NHL – Boston Bruins @ Columbus Blue Jackets Preview & Pick
When is Boston Bruins @ Columbus Blue Jackets taking place? Wednesday 15th January, 2020 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Boston Bruins @ Columbus Blue Jackets taking place? Nationwide Arena, Columbus
What channel is Boston Bruins @ Columbus Blue Jackets on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Boston Bruins @ Columbus Blue Jackets? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Boston Bruins @ Columbus Blue Jackets? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Boston Bruins 1 – 2 Columbus Blue Jackets
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Bruins are coming off a 6-5 loss against the Philadelphia Flyers, a result that snapped their three-game winning streak. They remain one of the top teams in the Eastern Conference, however, and they sit in second place of the standings with 66 points in 47 matches.
- Boston do not have any confirmed absentees ahead of this contest, although two players have been listed as doubtful and will be game-time decisions for this matchup. These are defencemen Connon Clifton and Kevan Miller. If sidelined, neither should represent a big loss for the Bruins’ blue line.
- David Pastrnak remains one of the league’s premier goalscoring threats. He has points in 13 of his last 14 games, tallying 10 goals and 10 assists during that stretch. Across the season he already has 66 points (36 goals, 30 assists) in 47 contests.
COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS
- The Blue Jackets are coming off a 3-0 away win over the Vegas Golden Knights to return to the winning ways and they have won three of their last four contests. They are in 10th place of the Eastern Conference standings with 52 points out of 46 games – just two adrift a playoff berth.
- No team in the league is more affected than Columbus when it comes to injuries. They enter this game with five players questionable and five ruled out. The list of doubtful players includes Cam Atkinson, Sonny Milano, Brandon Dubinsky, Ryan Murray and Andrew Peeke. Meanwhile, Josh Anderson, Oliver Bjorkstrand, Dean Kukan, Alexandre Texier and Joonas Korpisalo are all out.
- Keep an eye on rookie Emil Bemstrom, who netted a power-play goal against the Golden Knights the last time out. He only has 10 points this season – four goals, six assists – but he is back from injury and could a big role given the team’s numerous absences on the attacking line.
The Bruins own the Conference’s fifth-best attacking unit and the fourth-best defensive record, proving they can get the job done on both ends of the ice. Meanwhile, the Blue Jackets are going through one of their best runs of form at the moment but they have lost two of their last three at home and it remains to be seen if they can get the job done against the Bruins due to the high number of absentees they might have. Boston should be able to secure the win here against a depleted Columbus side.