2019-20 NHL – Arizona Coyotes @ Washington Capitals Preview & Pick
When is Arizona Coyotes @ Washington Capitals taking place? Tuesday 12nd November, 2019 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Arizona Coyotes @ Washington Capitals taking place? Capital One Arena
What channel is Arizona Coyotes @ Washington Capitals on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Arizona Coyotes @ Washington Capitals? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Arizona Coyotes @ Washington Capitals? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Arizona Coyotes 2 – 4 Washington Capitals
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Coyotes are on a three-game losing streak entering this game and recently suffered a 4-3 defeat against the Minnesota Wild. Arizona currently own a W6, WO3, LO2, L6 record this season but their defensive work has been excellent - the best record in the Western Conference with only 41 goals conceded.
- Arizona will be without forward Marian Hossa (illness) and defenceman Niklas Hjalmarsson (lower leg) ahead of this game with both slated to return in 2020 at the earliest. Meanwhile, defenceman Jason Demers has been listed as day-to-day with a lower body injury.
- Right winger Michael Grabner should be Arizona’s player to watch here as the veteran forward is on a four-game point streak, tallying two goals and two assists over that span. He has five goals in 17 appearances thus far.
- The Capitals are coming off a solid 5-2 win over the Las Vegas Golden Knights the last time out, and that result extended their impressive winning streak to six games (W3, WO3). They have taken at least one point in nine of their last 10 games thus far, going W6, WO3, LO1, L0 over that span.
- Washington could be slightly depleted on the attacking end ahead of this game as left winger Carl Hagelin has been listed as day-to-day with an upper body injury, while right winger Richard Panik is slated to come off the DL due to the same problem. Both will probably be game-time decisions ahead of Tuesday’s contest.
- Alex Ovechkin is Washington’s biggest star, but their player to watch here should be Evgeny Kuznetsov. The talented center has seven points over his last three games (one goal and six assists) and has three straight multi-point contests under his belt. He has 16 points (G6, A10) in 15 games so far.
Based on the last 10 games, the Capitals have been one of the best teams in the NHL thanks to their impressive W6, WO3, LO1, L0 record. The Coyotes, on the other hand, enter this game on a three-game losing streak while conceding at least three goals in each of those defeats. Arizona have the best defence in the Western Conference, but if there is one team that can take them down, it is Washington, especially considering the Caps average 4.1 goals per game this season. It might be a tight game, but the capital-based franchise should win here.