2019-20 NHL – Arizona Coyotes @ Toronto Maple Leafs Preview & Pick
When is Arizona Coyotes @ Toronto Maple Leafs taking place? Wednesday 12th February, 2020 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Arizona Coyotes @ Toronto Maple Leafs taking place? Scotiabank Arena, Toronto
What channel is Arizona Coyotes @ Toronto Maple Leafs on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Arizona Coyotes @ Toronto Maple Leafs? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Arizona Coyotes @ Toronto Maple Leafs? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Arizona Coyotes 1 – 3 Toronto Maple Leafs
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Coyotes are coming off a big road win over the Montreal Canadiens by a 3-2 score and that result snapped their two-game losing streak. Arizona, however, have dropped three of their last five outings and currently sit in on the verge of a playoff berth in ninth place with 63 points out of 58 games.
- Arizona might be able to welcome back Darcy Kuemper who has been listed as questionable due to a lower body injury. Jason Demers and Barrett Hayton should return in the coming days, while veteran winger Marian Hossa has been ruled out for the season.
- Taylor Hall should be the player to watch for the Coyotes. He came off via trade with the New Jersey Devils, and has delivered one assist in four of his last five outings. The left winger has 19 points (seven goals, 12 helpers) in 22 games with Arizona.
TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS
- The Maple Leafs have been struggling of late since they are coming off a 2-1 overtime loss to the Canadiens, meaning they have now dropped three of their last four games. Owners of a 2-3 mark in their last five contests, Toronto currently sit in eighth place of the Eastern Conference standings with 66 points in 56 games.
- Few teams in the NHL are as depleted as the Maple Leafs, as Toronto have nine players with at least an ailment or an injury designation. John Tavares, Fredrik Andersen, Zach Hyman and Justin Holl are some of the biggest names that could be unavailable for this contest.
- Star center Auston Matthews remains an elite goalscoring threat. He is already up to 68 points (40 goals, 28 assists) in 56 games and is just five points away from setting a new career-high mark in what has been a career-year for the fourth-year center.
Both Toronto and Arizona are coming off inconsistent runs of form so neither seems to hold the form advantage over the other. That said, Toronto are trending in the wrong direction and have dropped three of their last five at home, while Arizona currently rank as the fourth-best away team in the Western Conference. It will probably be a tight game due to both teams’ offensive struggles, but Arizona might be better equipped to steal the win here solely based on their away results.