2019-20 NHL – Arizona Coyotes @ Carolina Hurricanes Preview & Pick
When is Arizona Coyotes @ Carolina Hurricanes taking place? Saturday 11th January, 2020 – 00:30 (UK)
Where is Arizona Coyotes @ Carolina Hurricanes taking place? PNC Arena, Raleigh
What channel is Arizona Coyotes @ Carolina Hurricanes on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Arizona Coyotes @ Carolina Hurricanes? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Arizona Coyotes @ Carolina Hurricanes? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Arizona Coyotes 0 – 3 Carolina Hurricanes
THE TEAM NEWS
- Arizona are coming off a 4-0 shutout loss against the Tampa Bay Lightning, and that result ended their impressive four-game winning streak. However, even though they have gone 5-5 over their last 10 contests, they still sit in fourth place of the Western Conference standings with 54 points out of 46 games.
- Goaltender Antti Raanta has been listed as questionable ahead of this matchup. Several other players are definitely out, though, including goaltender Darcy Kuemper, defenceman Niklas Hjalmarsson, and forwards Barrett Hayton and Marian Hossa.
- Midseason acquisition Taylor Hall has looked quite productive since joining the franchise via trade. The former New Jersey Devils star has played 11 games with Arizona, and already has eight points under his belt thanks to three goals and five assists.
- The Hurricanes are coming off a 5-4 overtime win over the Philadelphia Flyers, and that result stopped their losing streak at two. They are 3-2 over their last five contests and 5-5 in their past 10 – those results have them in seventh place of the Eastern Conference standings with 52 points out of 43 games.
- Carolina are an anomaly in the NHL at the moment since they enter this game with a clean bill of health. As a result, head coach Rod Brind'Amour will be able to adjust his lines accordingly to assemble the best team possible.
- Andrei Svechnikov has two goals and two assists in Carolina’s last five games. He has been one of the Hurricanes’ most productive players all season long, as he has 41 points (18 goals, 23 assists) in 43 games.
The Hurricanes might have an edge when it comes to health and the home-field advantage, but there’s no question the Coyotes have been the better team over the last few days and the scoring figures back that up. Carolina are 19-15 in goals scored / conceded over their last five games, while Arizona own a 18-11 mark over that same stretch. Arizona are far better defensively since they have allowed just 118 goals all season long – the second-best mark on the Western Conference – but Carolina have already scored 145 goals. It will be a tight game, but Arizona’s stronger form of late and better defence will allow them to pull the upset on the road.