When is Anaheim Ducks @ Washington Capitals taking place? Tuesday 19th November, 2019 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Anaheim Ducks @ Washington Capitals taking place? Capital One Arena
What channel is Anaheim Ducks @ Washington Capitals on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Anaheim Ducks @ Washington Capitals? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Anaheim Ducks @ Washington Capitals? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Anaheim Ducks 5 – 2 Washington Capitals
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Ducks enter this game on a very poor run of form, even though they are coming off a 4-1 away win over the St. Louis Blues. They were on a five-game losing streak prior to that (LO2, L3). The Ducks currently sit in 11th place of the Western Conference with 22 points (W9, WO1, LO2, L9).
- Anaheim will know the status of defenceman Hampus Lindholm just a few hours after this game, while Josh Manson (knee), Ryan Kesler (hip) and Patrick Eaves (undisclosed) are all unavailable.
- The best player for the Ducks this season has been Jakob Silfverberg, as the 29-year-old has 17 points with nine goals and eight assists. The right winger didn’t record a point the last time out, but has five in his last five outings (G2, A3).
- The Capitals have won three of their last five games, although three of those contests have ended in either overtime or shutout (W1, WO2, LO1, L1). Washington are coming off a 3-2 penalty win over the Boston Bruins the last time out, and they sit in first place of the Eastern Conference with 34 points in 22 games (W9, WO6, LO4, L3).
- The Capitals have two potential absentees for this game, as Nic Dowd and Carl Hagelin have both been listed as day-to-day. The rest of the team should be healthy, giving the coaching staff plenty of options to assemble the best lines possible for this home contest.
- Alex Ovechkin remains Washington’s best player thanks to his 14 goals, but defenceman John Carlson is having a monster season with 32 points in 22 games (eight goals and 24 assists). He is currently riding a six-game point streak with one goal and eight assists over that span.
The Ducks have been pretty poor over the last few weeks and even though they are coming off a win, their recent performances have been sub-par at best, even if their record of 59 conceded goals ranks as one of the best in the Western Conference. The Capitals have looked impressive this season and while they are coming off back-to-back losses at home, they have the best attack in the entire league with 84 goals scored in 22 matches (3.81 goals per game). That scoring record should be enough to consider the Capitals as favourites here.