When is Anaheim Ducks @ Toronto Maple Leafs taking place? Saturday 8th February, 2020 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Anaheim Ducks @ Toronto Maple Leafs taking place? Scotiabank Arena, Toronto
What channel is Anaheim Ducks @ Toronto Maple Leafs on? Premier Sports
Where can I stream Anaheim Ducks @ Toronto Maple Leafs? Premier Sport subscribers can stream this match live via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Anaheim Ducks @ Toronto Maple Leafs? https://www.nhl.com/tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Anaheim Ducks 1 – 6 Toronto Maple Leafs
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Ducks are coming off a 3-2 overtime loss against the Montreal Canadiens and that result snapped their two-game winning streak. Anaheim have won three of their last five games (W3, LO1, L2) and sit in 14th place of the Western Conference with 50 points out of 54 games.
- Anaheim's two absences are long-term ones, with Patrick Eaves and Ryan Kesler both set to miss the remainder of the season and won’t be ready until September at the earliest.
- While veteran forward Ryan Getzlaf hasn’t scored in any of Anaheim’s last 10 games, with only five assists during that span, he still remains one of the team’s most productive players with 35 points (11 goals, 24 assists) in 51 games.
TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS
- The Maple Leafs continue to fight for a playoff berth in the Eastern Conference but if the season ended today, they would be left out of the equation since they are two points adrift of eighth-placed Philadelphia Flyers. Toronto are coming off a 5-3 loss to the New York Rangers and are in 10th place of the standings with 63 points in 54 games.
- Toronto goaltender Fredrik Andersen remains day-to-day but other five players have already been ruled out. The list includes Cody Ceci, Morgan Rielly, Ilya Mikheyev, David Clarkson and Nathan Horton.
- Star center Auston Matthews bagged two goals in the previous game against the Rangers, and he’s on a five-game point streak with five goals and two assists during that stretch. He has been one of the league’s most prolific scorers thanks to 64 points in 54 games (39 goals, 25 assists).
Toronto might enter this matchup on the heels of a two-game losing run but they are 3-2 in their last five outings and could still make a late playoff push. The Ducks have been one of the league’s worst teams this season and it is unlikely that Toronto will lose for a third straight time against an inferior opponent. The Maple Leafs and their potent attack (194 goals scored – 3.59 per game) should be able to win here against Anaheim’s depleted defence that has already allowed 166 goals (3.07 per game).