2019-20 Champions Hockey League – GKS Tychy vs Djurgarden Stockholm Preview & Prediction
When is GKS Tychy vs Djurgarden Stockholm taking place? Friday 30th August, 19:00 (UK)
Where is GKS Tychy vs Djurgarden Stockholm taking place? Stadion Zimowy Tychy
What television channel is GKS Tychy vs Djurgarden Stockholm on? Premier Sports have the rights to show the 2019-20 Champions Hockey League in the UK so it is worth checking their schedule as well as that of FreeSports
Where can I stream GKS Tychy vs Djurgarden Stockholm? If televised on Premier Sports or FreeSports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Premier Player. Alternatively, all games not shown on live TV can be streamed via the official CHL website & app
Where can I get tickets for GKS Tychy vs Djurgarden Stockholm? Check https://www.championshockeyleague.com/ for updates about tickets
Last meeting: N/A
THE TEAM NEWS
- GKS Tychy retained the Polish league title last season thanks to a 4-2 series win over Krakow and in doing so secured their second successive qualification for the CHL.
- Tychy finished bottom of Group C last season and with only three points, but they became the first Polish side to win a CHL game by defeating Bolzano at home.
- GKS Tychy had the worst defensive record in the whole competition last year as they conceded 30 goals during their six group matches.
- Djugarden Stockholm secured their fifth participation in the Champions Hockey League as they finished fourth in the SHL regular season and went all the way to the playoff finals.
- The Swedish side failed to reach the playoffs in last year’s CHL as they could only win two of their Group E matches to finish in third place with eight points.
- Djugarden progress in this season’s CHL will be dented by the loss of four key players to the NHL which includes Olle Alsing, Emil Benstrom, Jakob Lilja and Tobias Bjornfot.
Djugarden Stockholm begin the CHL competition with a trip to face GKS Tychy who has the worst defensive record last season in the group stages with 30 goals conceded. The Polish side are inferior in comparison to their Swedish opponents so expect Djugarden to cruise to an away win at the Stadion Zimowy Tychy.