When is South Africa vs West Indies taking place? Monday 10th June – 10:30 (UK)
Where is South Africa vs West Indies taking place? Rose Bowl, Southampton
What is the expected weather for South Africa vs West Indies? There is a 45% chance of rain at 10.30am increasing to 80% at 3pm so there is a high chance that rain will affect play.
What television channel is South Africa vs West Indies on in the UK? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream South Africa vs West Indies? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live on Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for South Africa vs West Indies? https://tickets.cricketworldcup.com/showProduct.html?idProduct=403
Last meeting: West Indies beat South Africa by 100 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Ottis Gibson
Captain: Faf du Plessis
- It has been a disastrous start for South Africa who sit just one place above Afghanistan at the bottom of the ladder on net run rate after losing all three of their matches so far and they are simply in must-win territory here and for the remainder of the tournament now.
- Their hopes have been dented by the injuries to Dale Steyn and Lungi Ngidi, and they could well decide to give a start to replacement Beuran Hendricks in an attempt to spark some life into the bowling attack.
- There is every chance there will be changes to the batting department also as they have struggled in all three matches so far which could see Aiden Markram come back into the side with struggling veteran JP Duminy a candidate to drop out of the side.
Coach: Floyd Reifer
Captain: Jason Holder
- West Indies are coming off a defeat to Australia in a match where they were in control at various points as they let them off the hook at 38/4 and 79/5 as the Aussies compiled 288, and the Windies ultimately fell 15 runs short, so they will look to get back to winning ways here.
- There is little reason for them to change the starting line-up although Ashley Nurse has made little impact so far and that could tempt them to add another pace bowler into the side with Kemar Roach a candidate to come into the side.
- Andre Russell is an injury doubt with his ongoing knee issue troubling him and while he missed training on Sunday, he will likely start but that may convince them to go with another frontline bowler rather than Nurse and demand ten overs from them to spare Russell from bowling.
South Africa are in complete disarray coming into this game and they simply have to win if they are to retain even a small chance of a top four finish. The batting department has been below par while their bowling unit has seen two key men ruled out through injury. That does not bode well for this game in Southampton on what should be a fabulous pitch for batting and against one of the most fearsome batting line-ups in the tournament. West Indies will fancy their chances and even a reduced-overs match due to the poor weather forecast will likely favour them even more so.