When is Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka taking place? Tuesday 11th June – 10:30 (UK)
Where is Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka taking place? County Ground, Bristol
What is the expected weather for Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka? 12-13c with a 50% chance of showers throughout the day which could affect play
What television channel is Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka on in the UK? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live on Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka? The match is officially sold out but tickets are available here: https://www.stubhub.co.uk/cricket-world-cup-group-stage-tickets-bristol-bristol-county-ground-6-11-2019/event/103713414/?sort=price+asc
Last meeting: Bangladesh beat Sri Lanka by 137 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Steve Rhodes
Captain: Mashrafe Mortaza
- Bangladesh suffered their second successive defeat on Saturday against England as they were outgunned by the powerful English batting line-up that smashed their bowlers for 386/6 but they will look to bounce back against rivals Sri Lanka.
- Their confidence will not be too dented by the last two defeats in which they have competed well against New Zealand and England after beating South Africa, and they will be extremely motivated to beat Sri Lanka here and show they have leapfrogged them in the cricketing world.
- Despite skipper Mashrafe Mortaza seemingly struggling for fitness, he will retain his place and there is every chance they name an unchanged side once again as they look to star all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan to continue his stunning form with the bat as he is the leading runscorer in the entire tournament right now.
Coach: Chandika Hathurusinghe
Captain: Dimuth Karunaratne
- Sri Lanka’s last match against Pakistan - scheduled to be played at the same venue on Friday - was abandoned without a ball being bowled so it will be a week since their last match when they beat Afghanistan by 34 runs in Cardiff.
- They have been dealt a blow by the news that pace bowler Nuwan Pradeep has been ruled out through injury as he has suffered a minor dislocation on his bowling hand so they will have to do without him after he starred against Afghanistan taking 4/31 and leading then to victory with a Player of the Match performance.
- Quick bowler Kasun Rajitha is tipped to come into the side to replace him while they may also consider changes in the batting line-up as they have only managed to score 337 runs in two completed matches – just 77 more runs that Shakib has managed by himself so far.
This will be fascinating match in Bristol on a pitch which has proved to be high-scoring in recent matches played there. While the weather may play a part with a fair chance of rain throughout the day, Bangladesh will be confident despite losing their last two matches. They may sit below their rivals in the ladder at present, but they have played a greater quality of opposition and have played the better cricket. Bangladesh’s batting is far more consistent and reliable than Sri Lanka’s, and that is what should give them the edge in this intriguing match.