When is Australia vs Pakistan taking place? Wednesday 12th June – 10:30 (UK)
Where is Australia vs Pakistan taking place? County Ground, Taunton
What is the expected weather for Australia vs Pakistan? 13-14c with 10-20% chance of rain throughout the day
What television channel is Australia vs Pakistan on in the UK? Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Australia vs Pakistan? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match live on Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Australia vs Pakistan? There are tickets still available to buy from Stubhub.
Last meeting: Australia beat Pakistan by 20 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
Coach: Justin Langer
Captain: Aaron Finch
- Australia’s winning start to the 2019 Cricket World Cup came to a crashing halt on Sunday as they were outclassed by a strong India team at The Oval, and they will now look to regroup and get back to winning ways against Pakistan.
- The toss proved crucial for Virat Kohli’s men but Australia will have been disappointed not to have taken early wickets as India were able to build excellent foundations due to Shikhar Dhawan’s century to then allow the likes of Hardik Pandya to tee off late in the innings so Starc and Cummins will hope for more success here.
- Despite losing that match, the Aussie selectors are unlikely to panic although they are forced into making one change as Marcus Stoinis has been ruled out of this match with a side strain so they will have to decide whether to go with an extra batsman like Shaun Marsh or another bowler like Jason Behrendorff in his absence.
Coach: Mickey Arthur
Captain: Sarfaraz Ahmed
- Pakistan’s last match against Sri Lanka was scheduled to be played on Friday in Bristol but that was washed out without a ball being bowled so it will be nine days between this game and their last completed match in which they beat tournament favourites England in a thriller at Trent Bridge.
- There is every chance that they will name the same team that beat England with little reason to change things at all, and despite the gap between matches, they will hope to carry some of the momentum from that match into this one as they will have to be at their best once again.
- The form of Shadab Khan, Mohammad Amir and Wahab Riaz was key to the win against England just as much as their improved batting was, so they will hope the trio can resume where they left off as they aim to snap another lengthy losing streak against these opponents.
Even at this early stage this looks to be a crunch match on paper, but already the weather forecast looks certain to deny too much play at Taunton. Australia have won 14 of their last 15 ODI matches against Pakistan, and eight of those have been in succession so they will carry that confidence with them. Pakistan halted a similar losing run against England but this will be another tough test. With Australia receiving a wake-up call against India on Sunday and needing to get back to winning ways, they have to be favoured in this one if the weather allows the completion of the match.