2021-22 PGA Tour – ZOZO CHAMPIONSHIP Preview & Prediction
When is the ZOZO CHAMPIONSHIP? 21st October - 24th October 2021
Where is the ZOZO CHAMPIONSHIP? Accordia Golf Narashino CC, Chiba, Japan
What is the total prize fund of the ZOZO CHAMPIONSHIP? $9,950,000
What television channel can I watch the ZOZO CHAMPIONSHIP on in the UK? This tournament will be televised live on Sky Sports Golf (channel 405)
Where can I stream the ZOZO CHAMPIONSHIP in the UK? This tournament can be streamed live via the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for the ZOZO CHAMPIONSHIP? Check the official tournament website for the latest ticket information
What is the course yardage at Accordia Golf Narashino CC? 7,041 yards
What is the par at Accordia Golf Narashino CC? 70
What is the predicted weather for the ZOZO CHAMPIONSHIP? Highs of 20c in mostly clear skies but rain is expected on Friday in much cooler temperatures
- Local hero Hideki Matsuyama can put a couple of underwhelming performances behind him back in Japan where he will have plenty of support as he bids to build on his second in this event back in 2019.
- With last year’s event switched to America because of the COVID-19 pandemic, Matsuyama has had a long wait to attempt to go one better on this course but last year’s Masters champion is likely to relish this week and can challenge for the title.
TIP: Winner e/w (12/1)
- Collin Morikawa looks set to battle it out for favouritism before the off alongside compatriot and Ryder Cup teammate Xander Schauffele but the former is preferred here having finished superbly last week.
- Either one of Morikawa and Schauffele could win here and it would be no real surprise to see either do so but with the pair very short in the market, it could pay to back both for a top 10 finish for a return of almost double the stake with Morikawa backed to build on his performance at the CJ Cup where he finished in second thanks to a final round 62.
TIP: Top 10 finish (10/11)
- With some relatively short-priced favourites in the market, it could pay to look at some longer prices to force their way into a place for a solid return with C.T. Pan getting the nod here, although Joaquin Niemann is also fancied.
- Pan should be suited to this course and having shown plenty on the greens of late, the 29-year-old looks capable of putting himself in contention of earning a second PGA Tour success.
TIP: Winner e/w (45/1)