When is the U.S. Open? 17th September – 20th September 2020
Where is the U.S. Open? Winged Foot GC, Mamaroneck
What is the total prize fund of the U.S. Open? $12.5m
What television channel can I watch the U.S. Open on in the UK? The U.S Open will be televised live on Sky Sports Golf (channel 405)
Where can I stream the U.S. Open in the UK? The U.S Open can be streamed via the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for the U.S. Open? There will be no spectators attending this event
What is the course yardage at Winged Foot GC? 7,477 yards
What is the par at Winged Foot GC? 70
What is the predicted weather for the U.S. Open? Mixed weather with rain showers possible on Friday, along with steady breezes across the four days
- On a course where accuracy is going to be more important than power, Xander Schauffele has to be considered to do well on a notoriously difficult course where beating par is going to be a major challenge for the vast majority of the field.
- Schauffele continues to go under the radar to a degree and he comes off the Tour Championship where he carded the best score of the 30 players but the handicaps for that specific event saw him fall short of Dustin Johnson but he has great form behind him.
- 2020 has been exceptional year already for revelation Collin Morikawa having won the Workday Charity Open and the PGA Championship post-lockdown and the talented youngster is well-suited to this type of course.
- He looked sharp last time out at the Tour Championship and Morikawa has already proven that he has the mentally to compete in these majors so expect the 23-year-old Californian to be competing on Sunday evening.
TIP: Top five finish
- Another player that has been playing well under the radar somewhat in recent weeks is Tony Finau as he has produced three top-five finishes in his last six events on the PGA Tour and while he has ye to win a Major, he has come close on several occasions.
- In the five majors played since 2019, Finau has three top-five finishes which shows how he is producing something close to his best golf in the big events, and he relishes this type of challenging course which relies on good scrambling as he showed at the Memorial in July when finishing eighth and the BMW in August when finishing fifth.
TIP: Top five finish