2020-21 PGA Tour – The CJ Cup @ Shadow Creek Preview & Prediction
When is the The CJ Cup @ Shadow Creek? 15th October – 18th October, 2020
Where is the The CJ Cup @ Shadow Creek? Shadow Creek Golf Course, Las Vegas
What is the total prize fund of the The CJ Cup @ Shadow Creek? $9,750,000
What television channel can I watch the The CJ Cup @ Shadow Creek on in the UK? This tournament will be televised live on Sky Sports Golf (channel 405)
Where can I stream the The CJ Cup @ Shadow Creek in the UK? This tournament can be streamed live via the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for the The CJ Cup @ Shadow Creek? This tournament will take place without spectators
What is the course yardage at Shadow Creek Golf Course? 7,527 yards
What is the par at Shadow Creek Golf Course? 72
What is the predicted weather for The CJ Cup @ Shadow Creek? Sunshine across all four days with temperatures of 32-36c forecast although breezes of up to 20 mph may affect play
DUSTIN JOHNSON (RULED OUT ON WEDNESDAY DUE TO POSTIVE COVID-19 TEST)
- Dustin Johnson ended last season in stunning form with two victories at The Northern Trust and the TOUR Championship along with two runner-up finishes at the PGA Championship and BMW Championship rightfully moving back to being world number one.
- This is his first tournament since his tied-6th at the US Open three weeks ago and Johnson will be well rested ahead of this event where he will be keen to put another marker down and he has to be favoured to win at Shadow Creek where very few players have course experience.
- Matthew Wolff is the hottest player on the PGA Tour right now having finished second at the US Open and following that with another second-placed finish at the Shriners Hospital for Children Open last weekend on two very different golf courses.
- The talented 21-year-old ended last season on a high with a tied-fourth at the PGA Championship and he has been a revelation since play resumed back in June so he has to be considered to do well at Shadow Creek and compete for the title on Sunday afternoon.
TIP: Top five finish
- While all the big names are gracing Shadow Creek this weekend, one player going under the radar is Daniel Berger who ended last season in outstanding form finishing in the top five in six of the last ten events he played in.
- His T34th finish at the US Open to kick off the new season was solid enough but he will relish playing on this course against all the big names and Berger offers good value to challenge on Sunday at the business end of the tournament and produce a top ten finish.
TIP: Top ten finish
- In the absence of Dustin Johnson who was ruled out on Wednesday due to testing positive for coronavirus, world number two Jon Rahm will be fired up to do well here and push to reclaim top spot.
- The Spaniard kicked off the new season with an honourable T23rd finish at the US Open and he will be motivated to maintain the form he ended the 2019/20 season with as he ended with three top six finishes at The Northern Trust, BMW Championship (winner) and the TOUR Championship, so expect him to go close if not win this event come Sunday afternoon.