When is the The American Express? 21st January – 24th January 2021
Where is the The American Express? PGA WEST, La Quinta, California
What is the total prize fund of the The American Express? $6,700,000
What television channel can I watch the The American Express on in the UK? This tournament will be televised live on Sky Sports Golf (channel 405)
Where can I stream the The American Express in the UK? This tournament can be streamed live via the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for the The American Express? This tournament will take place without spectators
What is the course yardage at PGA WEST? 7,147 yards, Nicklaus 7,181 yards
What is the par at PGA WEST? Both 72
What is the predicted weather for the The American Express? 19-25c with cloudy intervals over the four days and light winds but unlikely to impact play
- After a superb 2020 season, Patrick Cantlay has started the new season in solid form with his win at the ZOZO Championship and a T17 finish at the Masters followed by a T13 at the Sentry Tournament two weeks ago in his first appearance of 2021.
- The Californian will relish playing in his home state and he has good form at this venue so on two high-scoring courses like these, he has to be favoured to go far in this one and be challenging come Sunday evening.
- One player who has excellent form in this event is Abraham Ancer who finished -24 last year only to fall narrowly short to eventual winner Andrew Landry and the Mexican will be hoping to go one better this time around.
- The missed cut at the Sony Open in Hawaii last week is a minor concern but he should bounce back nicely and be motivated in a tournament which will reward players that suit low-scoring players as Ancer has proved he can be.
TIP: Top five
- One player who has been going under the radar in the 2020/21 PGA Tour so far is Russell Henley as he produced a solid -17 to finish T11 at the Sony Open last weekend and he enjoyed excellent performances at the end of last year with T3 at The CJ Cup and T4 at the ZOZO.
- He has managed six to-30 finishes in seven starts so far and is seventh in Strokes Gained this season which makes his a strong candidate to challenge come Sunday evening and a top ten finish is well within his range.
TIP: Top ten finish