2020-21 PGA Tour – Sentry Tournament of Champions Preview & Prediction
When is the Sentry Tournament of Champions? 7th January – 10th January 2021
Where is the Sentry Tournament of Champions? Plantation Course at Kapalua, Kapalua, Maui
What is the total prize fund of the Sentry Tournament of Champions? $6,700,000
What television channel can I watch the Sentry Tournament of Champions on in the UK? This tournament will be televised live on Sky Sports Golf (channel 405)
Where can I stream the Sentry Tournament of Champions in the UK? This tournament can be streamed live via the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for the Sentry Tournament of Champions? This tournament will take place without spectators
What is the course yardage at Plantation Course at Kapalua? 7,596 yards
What is the par at Plantation Course at Kapalua? 73
What is the predicted weather for the Sentry Tournament of Champions? Consistent temperatures of 26-28c with sunshine mixed with overcast conditions and a gentle breeze throughout the four days
- The defending champions returns to the Plantation Course at Kapalua looking for a third victory at the Sentry Tournament as he won it back in 2017 and that was followed up last year with a play-off victory.
- In the five events he played at the back of 2020 in this new PGA Tour season, Thomas finished no worse than 12th and there will be no concerns of rustiness as he won the Sentry last year after a similar break following the Christmas period so he has to be favoured to be challenging even if he does not win it on Sunday.
TIP: Top five finish
- Nobody has a better record at the Sentry in the last two years than Xander Schauffele as he won the tournament back in 2019 and came agonisingly close once again last year before eventually losing out to Justin Thomas in a three-way play-off with Patrick Reed.
- Schauffele came second on three different occasions and competed at a high level all season and the fast start he made to last year along with the strong start he has made to this new PGA Tour season at the end of last year will give him confidence he can go all the way here.
- Patrick Reed focused on the 2020 Race to Dubai but he could only finish third so he will be motivated start the new year in fine form especially at a course where he has had plenty of success in recent years.
- Reed won the Sentry in 2015 and finished runner-up in 2016 and last year, and after finishes of T13 at the US Open and T10 at the Masters towards the back end of last year, he will be confident of doing well at a venue where he excels.
TIP: Top ten finish