2020-21 PGA Tour – Houston Open Preview & Prediction
When is the Houston Open? 5th November – 8th November 2020
Where is the Houston Open? Memorial Park Golf Course, Houston
What is the total prize fund of the Houston Open? $7,000,000
What television channel can I watch the Houston Open on in the UK? This tournament will be televised live on Sky Sports Golf (channel 405)
Where can I stream the Houston Open in the UK? This tournament can be streamed live via the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for the Houston Open? Ticket information for this event can be found here!
What is the course yardage at Memorial Park Golf Course? 7,432 yards
What is the par at Memorial Park Golf Course? 72
What is the predicted weather for the Houston Open? 25-26c with light winds unlikely to affect play and sunshine over the four days
- Defending champions Lanto Griffin returns to the Houston Open where he triumphed last year and he is coming into this event in fine form having finished tied 11th at the Zozo Championship and tied 7th at The CJ Cup in his last two appearances.
- The win in Houston last year is Griffin’s only PGA Tour win in his career so far but he will come in full of confidence and while another victory is unlikely, he can pick up another top ten finish and create more positive memories from this event.
TIP: Top ten finish
- Englishman Tyrell Hatton is in superb form of late and after winning the PGA Championships at Wentworth, a tied 3rd finish at The CJ Cup, and tied 28th at the Zozo, he will be confident of challenging on Sunday afternoon.
- With fatigue potentially creeping in at the Zozo where his third round 76 cost him a chance of winning the tournament, he will have welcomed the rest last weekend and he can pick up where he left off and even win in Houston.
- Talented young Norwegian Viktor Hovland continues to impress on the PGA Tour and he has started the new season in relatively good form having finished tied-13th in the US Open and tied-12th at The CJ Cup.
- He will not be at The Masters in Augusta next weekend so he will be fully focused on this event with no thought of it being a tune-up tournament for him and he could well feature in the top ten come Sunday afternoon.
TIP: Top ten finish