2020-21 European Tour – The Omega Dubai Desert Classic Preview & Prediction
When is the Omega Dubai Desert Classic? 28th January – 31st January, 2021
Where is the Omega Dubai Desert Classic? Emirates Golf Club, Dubai
What is the total prize fund of the Omega Dubai Desert Classic? $3,250,000
What television channel can I watch the Omega Dubai Desert Classic on in the UK? This tournament will be televised live on Sky Sports Golf (channel 405)
Where can I stream the Omega Dubai Desert Classic in the UK? This tournament can be streamed live via the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for the Omega Dubai Desert Classic? No tickets are available for this event
What is the course yardage at the Emirates Golf Club? 7,319 yards
What is the par at the Emirates Golf Club? 72
What is the predicted weather for the Omega Dubai Desert Classic? 27-28c with sunshine forecast on all four days
- There is nobody playing better golf on the European Tour than Tyrell Hatton right now and after winning the Abu Dhabi Championship last weekend in style, there is no reason why the in-form Englishman cannot win back-to-back tournaments.
- · Hatton’s win last week saw him move up the rankings to become Britain’s number one and he has a good record of performing well after winning events so despite his low odds, he comes into consideration once again in Dubai.
- Among the numerous former winners that will participate in this event, it is Rafa Cabrera Bello who offers good value in the market despite it being nine years since he won the event back in 2012 and five years since he finished runner-up in 2016.
- The Spaniard has started the year well and a fourth-placed finish last weekend in Abu Dhabi will give him good confidence coming into this event and a top ten finish is well within his grasp at the very least.
TIP: Top ten finish
- Matt Wallace never really threatened the leaders last weekend but he is playing some good consistent golf right now and that helped him finish seventh in Abu Dhabi and he could challenge on Sunday in Dubai too.
- Wallace has high expectations this season as he targets a Ryder Cup spot and after going close in events in the Emirates, he can push his rivals all the way this weekend and achieve a top five finish as a minimum.
TIP: Top five finish