When is the The 149th OPEN? 15th July – 18th July 2021
Where is the The 149th OPEN? Royal St George’s GC, Sandwich, Kent
What is the total prize fund of the The 149th OPEN? $11,500,000
What television channel can I watch the The 149th OPEN on in the UK? This tournament will be televised live on Sky Sports Golf (channel 405)
Where can I stream the The 149th OPEN in the UK? This tournament can be streamed live via the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for the The 149th OPEN? Check the official tournament website for the latest ticket information
What is the course yardage at Royal St George’s GC? 7,189 yards
What is the par at Royal St George’s GC? 70
What is the predicted weather for the The 149th OPEN? 20c with good weather and gentle breezes across the four days
- Sergio Garcia will be confident ahead of The 149th Open after a string of top 20 finishes in recent weeks and he is coming into form at just the right time so he is one to consider this weekend at Sandwich.
- There is plenty to like about Garcia’s game right now and that along with two top ten finishes in his last two visits to this course, bode very well for another strong performance over the next four days and expect him to contend on Sunday afternoon.
TIP: Top ten finish (13/2)
- Buoyed by being named Great Britain’s representative at the Tokyo Olympics, Tommy Fleetwood comes into The Open in good spirits and while his form this year has not been as good as he would have wanted, there are positive signs.
- He enjoyed two solid performances at the Dubai Duty Free Open and the Scottish Open with T26 and T17 finishes but his experience on this course will serve him well and a top 20 finish is within his reach.
TIP: Top 20 finish (15/8)
- One player who has gone under the radar recently but is playing some exceptional golf is Paul Casey and the Englishman has registered five top seven finishes in his last six appearances on the PGA and European Tours.
- This is the type of course that will suit Casey as accuracy will be vital given the deep rough at Sandwich and given his form in recent weeks, there is no reason why he cannot continue this form and go all the way on Sunday.
TIP: Winner E/W (35/1)