2020-21 European Tour – DS Automobiles Italian Open Preview & Prediction
When is the DS Automobiles Italian Open? 2nd September – 5th September 2021
Where is the DS Automobiles Italian Open? Marco Simone Golf and Country Club, Rome, Italy
What is the total prize fund of the DS Automobiles Italian Open? €3,000,000
What television channel can I watch the DS Automobiles Italian Open on in the UK? This tournament will be televised live on Sky Sports Golf (channel 405)
Where can I stream the DS Automobiles Italian Open in the UK? This tournament can be streamed live via the Sky Go app
Where can I get tickets for the DS Automobiles Italian Open? Check the official tournament website for the latest ticket information
What is the course yardage at Marco Simone Golf and Country Club? 7,268 yards
What is the par at Marco Simone Golf and Country Club? 71
What is the predicted weather for the DS Automobiles Italian Open? Highs of 30c in sunny skies but rain and even thunderstorms could be prevalent on Friday and Saturday
- 20-year-old Rasmus Hojgaard is now a three-time winner on the European Tour after claiming a hugely impressive success at the Omega European Masters, seeing off a quality opponent in the form of Bernd Wiesberger.
- Having also finished third in his previous tournament, Hojaard looks in superb nick and while another finish in the top five will be a tall order in a strong field, the young Dane certainly makes appeal to continue his excellent form.
TIP: Top 5 finish (7/1)
- Veteran Henrik Stenson has finished in the frame in back-to-back tournaments on the European Tour, backing up his tied-fourth place at the D+D Real Czech Masters by going one better to finish third at the Omega European Masters last week.
- The Swede has endured a frustrating year on the PGA Tour but he looks more at home on the Euro Tour and his quality can shine through in this competitive field to come out on top with his big price making great appeal each way.
TIP: Winner e/w (33/1)
- Sean Crocker has found some consistency of late amidst a couple of missed cuts with the American finishing inside the top ten on three of his last five outings, as well as two top five finishes in the last two tournaments.
- After tying for second in Prague, he was able to back that up with a tied-fourth finish in Crans Montana last week and having shown his ability to get into the placings, a top 20 finish should be within his grasp here.
TIP: Top 20 finish (21/10)