When is the Italian Open? Thursday 10th to Sunday 13th of October 2019
Where is the Italian Open? Olgiata GC, Rome, Italy
What is the total prize fund of the Italian Open? €7,000,000
What television channel can I watch the Italian Open on in the UK? Sky Sports Golf
Where can I stream the Italian Open in the UK? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the tournament online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for the Italian Open? https://www.openditaliagolf.eu/en/tickets/
What is the course yardage at Olgiata? 7523 Yards / 6878 Meters
What is the par at Olgiata? 71
- The home favourite, two-time winner and last year’s runner-up is always a favourite and is bidding to become just the third three-time champion of the Italian Open.
- A top 15 finish at the European Tour’s flagship event was followed by a T23 finish at last week's Safeway Open on the PGA Tour, suggesting he is starting to find form after a quiet summer.
- Ranked 116th in strokes-gained driving this season suggests he will need to improve this week around the long layout but home support, solid form and the extra desire to put himself near the top of the Race To Dubai (R2D) standings will see the world number 11 contend.
TIP: Outright Winner
- Multiple Italian Open winner (2000 & 2002) and champion the last time this tournament was held at Olgiate suggests the Englishman will be also looking to join the three-time winners list.
- After a solid season on the PGA Tour where he recorded six top 10s, Poulter will be aiming to put himself within touching distance of the R2D leaders as he currently places in 15th position.
- Ranked eight in season scoring average (69.53) and 17th in strokes-gained total suggests the European Tour veteran will be a factor this week as he looks to make an early statement for 2020 Ryder Cup qualification.
TIP: Top 5 Finish
- A Rolex Series winner already this year at the Scottish Open and a T5 just three-starts ago proves the Austrian has fully returned from an injury that kept him out for much of 2018.
- Ranked third in the R2D and just 865 point behind leader Jon Rahm, this week’s performance could go a long way to pushing the Spaniard all the way to the final putt of the season.
- Ranked 28th in strokes-gained total suggests his all-round game is in good shape to continue his fine season and add to his hot summer where he claimed two wins and a runner-up.
TIP: Top 10 Finish
- The young Chinese player has had a run of inconsistent results this season but two top 25 finishes in his previous four starts suggests his game is returning to better form.
- With no weaknesses in his game, perhaps Li should be contending more in the biggest events.
- Ranked 22nd in driving distance will be an advantage around this week-long course and with a strong finish to the season he still has a great chance in the R2D where he currently ranks 21st.
TIP: Top 20 Finish
- Veteran Australian golfer and world number 238 claimed his third European Tour victory at this year’s Maybank Championship in March.
- Three top 10s this season, Hend ranks 49th in the R2D but with eight missed cuts from his last nine starts, his game is struggling.
- With an opportunity to claw back big points this week, the Australian’s game should suit the long Olgiata course as one of the longer hitters on tour and being ranked 34th in SG: putting gives him a good chance to score well this week.
TIP: Make Cut