2019-20 Ukrainian Premier League – Shakhtar Donetsk vs Dynamo Kyiv Preview & Prediction
When is Shakhtar Donetsk vs Dynamo Kyiv taking place? Sunday 31st May, 2020 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Shakhtar Donetsk vs Dynamo Kyiv taking place? Oblasny SportKomplex Metalist, Kharkiv
What television channel is Shakhtar Donetsk vs Dynamo Kyiv on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Shakhtar Donetsk vs Dynamo Kyiv? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Shakhtar Donetsk vs Dynamo Kyiv? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Shakhtar Donetsk are odds-on to claim their fourth consecutive Ukrainian Premier League title as they boast a 13-point lead over their biggest rivals and opponents here Dynamo Kyiv.
- The reigning champions will be looking reaffirm their superiority here in what is both sides’ first competitive game following the resumption of the league, although Shakhtar have played two warm-up matches in recent days.
- Forward Junior Moraes leads the league in the scoring charts with 18 goals to his name and he could be the difference maker as he has been several times already this season, although transfer speculation has been mounting over his possible departure.
- Dynamo Kyiv know that a win here is absolutely vital if they are to have any hope of clawing back the 13-point deficit in the league table, however unlikely that may be.
- They drew their first game of the Championship Round phase prior to the enforced break and they can’t really afford to drop any more points from here on in.
- They have also tuned up for competitive action by playing a couple of low-key friendly games and they will be confident they can get something out of his game after having beaten Shakhtar twice already this season.
This fixture between the two giants of Ukrainian football has been eagerly anticipated and the enforced break has only increased the build-up surrounding it. This will be the fifth meeting between the two sides this season with the previous four being shared and this is expected to be another closely-fought affair. The context of the league standings makes this essentially a must-win contest for Dynamo Kyiv so it would not be a surprise to see them take the game to the hosts. However, that will inevitably leave them open at the back which Shakhtar’s Junior Moraes will be only too happy to exploit, and you would imagine that both teams will find the net in this one.