Robert Lewandowski currently sits on 63 career Champions League goals, putting him 5th on the all-time list. The Polish striker reached 17 with previous club Borussia Dortmund, and has added a further 46 to that tally since being on the books at Bayern Munich.
Here we break down Lewandowski's Champions League goals into various categories:
- Lewandowski has scored at least five UCL goals in each of the last eight editions of the competition, with his highest tally being 10 goals (2012/13 & 2019/20)
|Round of 16
- The Polish hitman has scored in every round of the competition barring the final. He has made one appearance in the title decider - the aforementioned 2012/13 final when he was on the losing side against current employers Bayern Munich.
BY PITCH AREA
|6 Yard Box
|Outside Penalty Area
- Lewandowski is a classic centre-forward who is lethal in the box, and that is evident from the stats here as just four of his 63 UCL goals have come from outside the penalty area.
METHOD OF GOALS
- Although right-footed, the 29-year-old is also adept at scoring with his left and is dangerous in the air - and has hit double figures in terms of goals with his head.
TYPE OF GOALS
- 82.5% of Lewandowski's UCL goals have come from open play, while his sole free-kick goal in the competition came in a December 2016 group stage win over Atletico Madrid.
- Lewandowski has never scored a UCL goal in extra-time, although he has only featured at that stage in one match - Bayern Munich's 4-2 second leg victory over Juventus in the 2015/16 Round of 16.
- The Pole has scored at least seven goals in all 15-minute segments of normal time, with his 16 strikes between the 61st and 75th minute representing his most prolific period.
NATIONS SCORED AGAINST
- Teams hailing from 13 different nations have seen Lewandowski score against them in the Champions League, and he has hit double figures against Spanish opponents (Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Malaga).
TEAMS SCORED AGAINST
- Lewandowski has scored against 24 different teams in the competition, and he has found most success against Real Madrid (six goals). In fact, he scored four goals in one game against Los Blancos in 2013 whilst plying his trade with Borussia Dortmund.
GOALKEEPERS SCORED AGAINST
|Morgan De Sanctis||1|
|Marc-Andre Ter Stegen||1|
- 32 goalkeepers have seen Lewandowski score past them in the Champions League.
- Thomas Muller has the accolade of having assisted the striker the most in the Champions League (six times).