When does Zenit vs Benfica kick off? Wednesday 2nd October, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Zenit vs Benfica being played? Saint-Petersburg Stadium
What are the expected weather conditions for Zenit vs Benfica? Cloudy, 7c
What TV channel is Zenit vs Benfica on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Zenit vs Benfica in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Zenit vs Benfica?
What was the score in the last meeting between Zenit & Benfica? Zenit 1-2 Benfica
THE TEAM NEWS
- Zenit are coming off a disappointing loss at the weekend as they lost 1-0 to Lokomotiv Moscow and sit fifth in the Russian Premier League.
- Boss Sergei Semak may consider one or two changes for this match with Osorio and potentially Mak candidates to come into the starting team.
- Summer signing Malcom continues to struggle with a knock so he may miss out here but otherwise Semak has a fully-fit squad to choose from.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Lunev; Karavaev, Ivanovic, Rakitskiy, Zhirkov; Osorio, Barrios, Douglas Santos; Driussi, Dzyuba, Azmoun
Doubtful: Malcom (Injured)
- Benfica lost their opening Champions League game at home to Leipzig so they are under some pressure to get a result in St Petersburg here.
- Bruno Lage's men scraped a 1-0 win over Vitoria Setubal at the weekend but their form all in all competitions is not particularly good.
- Taarabt was sent off in the weekend win and he may miss out here regardless as the more defensive Gabriel could come into the midfield.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Vlachodimos; Andre Almeida, Ruben Dias, Francisco Ferreira, Alex Grimaldo; Pizzi, Fejsa, Gabriel, Rafa Silva; Raul de Tomas, Seferovic
Unavailable: Conti (Injured), Carlos Vinicius (Injured), Chiquinho (Injured), Florentino Luis (Injured), Ebuehi (Injured), Zivkovic (Injured)
The pressure is on both teams in this game as Zenit will know a win at home is crucial to their knockout phase hopes, while Benfica come off a home loss on matchday one. That should lead to an entertaining affair and while Zenit have to be favoured at home, expect goals at both ends of the pitch.