2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Valencia vs Lille Preview & Prediction
When does Valencia vs Lille kick off? Tuesday 5th November, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Valencia vs Lille being played? Estadio de Mestalla
What TV channel is Valencia vs Lille on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Valencia vs Lille in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Valencia vs Lille?
What was the score in the last meeting between Valencia & Lille? Lille 1-1 Valencia
THE TEAM NEWS
- Valencia have not started the season well and they will be in real danger of dropping out of Europe if they lose this game with Lille.
- The Spaniards have been unable to back up their matchday one victory over Chelsea and have picked up just one point from their next two.
- Valencia will be without the suspended Mouctar Diakhaby after the French defender was sent off in the last game against Lille.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Cillessen; Wass, Garay, Gabriel Paulista, Gaya; Ferran Torres, Kondogbia, Dani Parejo, Cheryshev; Rodrigo, Maxi Gomez
Unavailable: Piccini (Injured), Mangala (Out of favour), Goncalo Guedes (Injured), Diakhaby (Suspended), Coquelin (Injured)
Doubtful: Gameiro (Injured), Carlos Soler (Injured), Ruben Sobrino (Injured)
- Lille have only picked up one point from Group H so far and with games running out, they need a positive result from this trip to Valencia.
- The French side have been inconsistent all season but their away record is alarming with no win from seven in all competitions.
- Timothy Weah continues to sit out for Lille while Renato Sanches is also still a couple of weeks away due to his hamstring injury.
Predicted line-up (3-4-2-1): Maignan; Tiago Djalo, Jose Fonte, Gabriel; Celik, Andre, Soumare, Bradaric; Yazici, Ikone; Osimhen
Unavailable: Renato Sanches (Injured), Weah (Injured)
Lille are yet to win on the road in any competition this season and another game without a win will make it extremely unlikely that they can progress out of Group H in the Champions League. Valencia have also struggled for form of late but they have to be favoured at home against Lille.