2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Valencia vs Atalanta Preview & Prediction
When does Valencia vs Atalanta kick off? Tuesday 10th March, 2020 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Valencia vs Atalanta being played? Estadio de Mestalla
What TV channel is Valencia vs Atalanta on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Valencia vs Atalanta in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Valencia vs Atalanta?
What was the score in the last meeting between Valencia & Atalanta? Atalanta 4-1 Valencia
THE TEAM NEWS
- Valencia have a mountain to climb after a 4-1 loss in Italy and have won just one of their last seven games in all competitions.
- They will not have the advantage of the home crowd for this one, either, with the game being played behind closed doors due to coronavirus.
- Coach Albert Celades faces a centre-back shortage as Gabriel Paulista is suspended, Garay is injured and Mangala is a doubt so there is a chance that Coquelin will deputise in defence and Kondogbia comes into the midfield.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Cillessen; Wass, Coquelin, Diakhaby, Gaya; Carlos Soler, Dani Parejo, Kondogbia, Cheryshev; Gameiro, Rodrigo
Unavailable: Garay (Injured), Piccini (Injured), Manu Vallejo (Injured), Maxi Gomez (Injured), Gabriel Paulista (Suspended)
Doubtful: Mangala (Injured)
- Atalanta have won five of their last six games in all competitions although their league fixture was postponed at the weekend.
- Centre-back Rafael Toloi is the only injury worry for coach Gasperini, while January signing Sutalo is not registered to play here.
- Having not started in the first leg, January signing Zapata should get the nod up front this time after scoring a hat-trick at Lecce.
Predicted line-up (3-4-2-1): Gollini; Palomino, Caldara, Djimsiti; Hateboer, De Roon, Freuler, Gosens; Gomez, Ilicic; Zapata
Unavailable: Rafael Toloi (Injured), Sutalo (Ineligible)
Atalanta are the top scorers in Serie A and their Champions League matches have also produced no shortage of goals. Valencia need to go on the attack from the start which will present opportunities on the counter for the visitors' dangerous attack, so expect another high-scoring affair.