When does Valencia vs Ajax kick off? Wednesday 2nd October, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Valencia vs Ajax being played? Estadio de Mestalla
What are the expected weather conditions for Valencia vs Ajax? Clear, 23c
What TV channel is Valencia vs Ajax on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Valencia vs Ajax in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Valencia vs Ajax?
What was the score in the last meeting between Valencia & Ajax? Ajax 1-1 Valencia
THE TEAM NEWS
- Despite the recent unrest at the club with the unexpected sacking of Marcelinho, Valencia are enjoying their return to the Champions League.
- Albert Celades has some injury concerns coming into this game with Gameiro, Kondogbia and Garay all question marks coming into this one.
- The win over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge will give them plenty of confidence as they welcome last season's revelations Ajax to the Mestalla.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Cillessen; Wass, Gabriel Paulista, Diakhaby, Jaume Costa; Lee Kang-In, Dani Parejo, Coquelin, Goncalo Guedes; Rodrigo, Maxi Gomez
Unavailable: Piccini (Injured), Carlos Soler (Injured), Gaya (Injured), Mangala (Out of favour)
Doubtful: Gameiro (Injured), Kondogbia (Injured), Garay (Injured)
- Ajax started the new Champions League campaign in emphatic form as they comprehensively beat Lille 3-0 to pick up where they left off.
- They have a slight injury concern over Labyad but otherwise Erik ten Hag has all his regular starters at his disposal for the trip to Spain.
- Mazraoui and Van de Beek both missed the opening match against Lille but they have since returned and will be available to play here.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Onana; Mazraoui, Veltman, Blind, Tagliafico; Van de Beek, Promes, Martinez; Ziyech, Tadic, David Neres
Unavailable: Eiting (Injured), Bande (Injured)
Doubtful: Labyad (Injured)
Despite losing some key players in the summer, Ajax have started the 2019-20 season in style going unbeaten in all 14 matches played in all competitions. They travel to Spain to face a Valencia side that will be high on confidence themselves, but Ajax should take at least a point from this trip.