2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Tottenham vs RB Leipzig Preview: Team News
THE TEAM NEWS
- Tottenham left it late but earned their third Premier League win in succession as they defeated Aston Villa at the weekend courtesy of two goals from Heung-Min Son and the general mood in the camp is positive right now.
- Spurs are now unbeaten in seven games in all competitions following that victory and will prove difficult to beat in this contest although there are still plenty of improvements that can be made defensively given that they have kept just two clean sheets in their last 15 games in all competitions.
- Jose Mourinho was expected to have the same group of players at his disposal after appearing to come through Sunday's game unscathed but it has emerged that Heung-min Son suffered a fracture to his arm and will be missing for a number of games with Lucas Moura set to revert to the role of lone striker.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Lloris; Aurier, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Davies; Dier, Winks; Lo Celso, Alli, Bergwijn; Lucas Moura
Unavailable: Kane (Injured), Sissoko (Injured), Wanyama (Out of favour), Foyth (Injured), Son (Injured)
Doubtful: Lamela (Injured)
- RB Leipzig won for the first time in four Bundesliga matches over the weekend as they proved too good for Werder Bremen in a 3-0 success and that was a welcome boost ahead of this trip to London.
- Having gone unbeaten in their three away matches in the group stage, RB Leipzig will be quietly confident that they can silence the home crowd and go into the second leg in a strong position.
- Julian Nagelsmann has a handful of injuries to deal with but the biggest loss will be the versatile Tyler Adams who has torn a calf muscle and that is a significant blow to the Germans.
Predicted line-up (3-4-1-2): Gulacsi; Klostermann, Upamecano, Halstenberg; Mukiele, Sabitzer, Laimer, Angelino; Dani Olmo; Schick, Werner
Unavailable: Kampl (Injured), Konate (Injured), Orban (Injured), Adams (Injured)