2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Shakhtar Donetsk vs Man City Preview & Prediction
When does Shakhtar Donetsk vs Man City kick off? Wednesday 18th September, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Shakhtar Donetsk vs Man City being played? Oblasny SportKomplex Metalist
What are the expected weather conditions for Shakhtar Donetsk vs Man City? Cloud, 11c
What TV channel is Shakhtar Donetsk vs Man City on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Shakhtar Donetsk vs Man City in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Shakhtar Donetsk vs Man City?
Shakhtar Donetsk – https://shakhtar.com/en/tickets/matches/
What was the score in the last meeting between Shakhtar Donetsk & Man City? Man City 6-0 Shakhtar Donetsk
THE TEAM NEWS
- Despite changing coach in the summer, Shakhtar's domestic domination has continued under Luis Castro who replaced compatriot Paulo Fonseca.
- With seven wins from seven in the Ukrainian Premier League, Shakhtar now turn their attentions to Europe where they welcome City once again.
- Star striker Junior Moraes has started the season in red hot form scoring seven goals in seven games and he will be key to their hopes here.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Pyatov; Bolbat, Krivtsov, Matviyenko, Ismaily; Stepanenko, Alan Patrick; Mateus Martins, Marlos, Taison; Junior Moraes
Unavailable: Butko (Injured), Maycon (Injured)
Doubtful: Khotcholava (Injured), Malyshev (Injured), Taison (Injured)
- Man City were stunned by newly-promoted Norwich at the weekend as they were beaten 3-2 after a series of poor and costly defensive mistakes.
- Head coach Pep Guardiola is unlikely to overreact to that defeat but he is expected to bring De Bruyne back in as they look to bounce back.
- He may also contemplate bringing the experienced Fernandinho back into the midfield while Joao Cancelo may be handed a chance at full-back.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Ederson; Walker, Fernandinho, Otamendi, Zinchenko; De Bruyne, Rodri, David Silva; Bernardo Silva, Gabriel Jesus, Sterling
Unavailable: Sane (Injured), Laporte (Injured), Stones (Injured), Foden (Injured)
Doubtful: Mendy (Injured)
These two teams met in the group stage of last season's competition and Man City won 0-3 in Ukraine and 6-0 at home. After their shocking defeat at the hands of Norwich on Saturday, they will be motivated to bounce back here so expect them to pick up a victory and seal it with a clean sheet too.