2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Shakhtar Donetsk vs Atalanta Preview & Prediction
When does Shakhtar Donetsk vs Atalanta kick off? Wednesday 11th December, 2019 – 17:55 (UK)
Where is Shakhtar Donetsk vs Atalanta being played? Oblasny SportKomplex Metalist
What TV channel is Shakhtar Donetsk vs Atalanta on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Shakhtar Donetsk vs Atalanta in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Shakhtar Donetsk vs Atalanta?
Shakhtar Donetsk – https://shakhtar.com/en/tickets/matches/
What was the score in the last meeting between Shakhtar Donetsk & Atalanta? Atalanta 1-2 Shakhtar Donetsk
THE TEAM NEWS
- Shakhtar come into this final game in Group C knowing that a victory will see them finish second and progress to the knockout phase.
- After missing the draw in Manchester last time out, boss Luis Castro can welcome back Marlos after suspension and Taison after injury.
- That means Castro can name what is essentially their strongest line-up for this crunch match as they welcome Atalanta to Kharkiv.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Pyatov; Dodo, Matviyenko, Kryvtsov, Ismaily; Stepanenko, Alan Patrick; Tete, Kovalenko, Taison; Junior Moraes
- After losing their first three matches of the group stage, Atalanta travel to Ukraine knowing a victory could still see them finish second.
- They will have to do without the suspended Rafael Toloi and injured Zapata for this match while Ilicic and De Roon are both injury doubts.
- Malinovskiy is expected to start in an attacking midfield role while Pasalic will deputise for De Roon if he does not pass a fitness test.
Predicted line-up (3-4-2-1): Gollini; Djimsiti, Palomino, Masiello; Hateboer, Freuler, De Roon, Gosens; Malinovskiy, Gomez; Muriel
Unavailable: Zapata (Injured), Rafael Toloi (Suspended)
Doubtful: Ilicic (Injured), De Roon (Injured)
There is plenty on the line in Kharkiv between these two teams with it all to play for in the race for second place behind Man City. Shakhtar have been solid throughout this campaign and with their greater experience and savvy of Champions League football, they can edge Atalanta out and win here.