2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Salzburg vs Napoli Preview & Prediction
When does Salzburg vs Napoli kick off? Wednesday 23rd October, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Salzburg vs Napoli being played? Red Bull Arena
What are the expected weather conditions for Salzburg vs Napoli? Clear, 13c
What TV channel is Salzburg vs Napoli on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Salzburg vs Napoli in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Salzburg vs Napoli?
What was the score in the last meeting between Salzburg & Napoli? Salzburg 3-1 Napoli
THE TEAM NEWS
- Salzburg almost produced an unbelievable comeback against Liverpool last time out but could not hold on having levelled the game.
- Salzburg were three goals down at Anfield and showed great character to fight back but will want to avoid defeat here to get back on track.
- Hwang Hee-Chan is doubtful for this game but is expected to partner Norwegian starlet Erling Braut Haaland if he does pass a fitness test.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Stankovic; Kristensen, Onguene, Wober, Ulmer; Szoboszlai, Mwepe, Junuzovic, Minamino; Hwang Hee-Chan, Haaland
Unavailable: Bernede (Injured), Walke (Injured)
Doubtful: Hwang Hee-Chan (Injured)
- Napoli were held to a disappointing draw with Genk on matchday two and will hope that result is not pivotal in a competitive Group E.
- Napoli almost have a full complement of players available but right-back Hysaj is a major doubt whilst Nikola Maksimovic remains out.
- Fabian Ruiz is likely to have a big say in the game and he will be tasked with dictating play in what should be a high-octane contest.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Meret; Di Lorenzo, Manolas, Koulibaly, Malcuit; Callejon, Allan, Fabian Ruiz, Insigne; Milik, Mertens
Unavailable: Maksimovic (Injured), Hysaj (Injured), Ghoulam (Injured), Mario Rui (Injured)
Doubtful: Lozano (Injured)
This should be a superb contest between two teams with big ambitions of progressing into the knockout stages at the very least. Salzburg's defeat to Liverpool on matchday two was their first loss in 10 Champions League matches and with Napoli struggling on the road, the home side can avoid defeat.