2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Salzburg vs Liverpool Preview & Prediction
When does Salzburg vs Liverpool kick off? Tuesday 10th December, 2019 – 17:55 (UK)
Where is Salzburg vs Liverpool being played? Red Bull Arena
What TV channel is Salzburg vs Liverpool on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Salzburg vs Liverpool in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Salzburg vs Liverpool?
What was the score in the last meeting between Salzburg & Liverpool? Liverpool 4-3 Salzburg
THE TEAM NEWS
- Salzburg have it all to do but a win against Liverpool will give them a chance of earning a spot in the last 16 of the UCL.
- The Austrian side came back from three goals down at Anfield before succumbing to a fourth but will be confident on home soil.
- Salzburg will be relying on in-form strike pair Hwang Hee-Chan and Erling Braut Haaland to fire them to glory against the reigning champions
Predicted line-up (4-2-2-2): Stankovic; Kristensen, Onguene, Wober, Ulmer; Mwepu, Junuzovic; Minamino, Szoboszlai; Hwang Hee-Chan, Haaland
Unavailable: Bernede (Injured), Farkas (Injured), Koita (Injured)
- Liverpool are not yet assured of their spot in the last 16 and must avoid defeat to ensure their bid to retain their title is prolonged.
- The English side are in imperious form in the Premier League but their only defeat of the season came in this competition against Napoli.
- After recently rotating his side due to a hectic schedule ahead, Jurgen Klopp should revert to his strongest available team for this game.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson; Keita, Milner, Henderson; Salah, Firmino, Mane
Unavailable: Clyne (Injured), Matip (Injured), Fabinho (Injured), Lallana (Injured)
Doubtful: Wijnaldum (Injured), Lovren (Injured)
Liverpool will not have things their own way as they head to Austria for a pivotal game. Salzburg will relish home advantage having scored at least two in all of their games at the Red Bull Arena so far this season and with nothing to lose for the home side, this should be a high-scoring affair.