2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Real Madrid vs Man City Preview & Prediction
When does Real Madrid vs Man City kick off? Wednesday 26th February, 2020 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Real Madrid vs Man City being played? Estadio Santiago Bernabéu
What TV channel is Real Madrid vs Man City on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Real Madrid vs Man City in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Real Madrid vs Man City?
Real Madrid – https://www.realmadrid.com/en/tickets
What was the score in the last meeting between Real Madrid & Man City? Man City 4-1 Real Madrid
THE TEAM NEWS
- Real Madrid suffered a shock defeat at Levante at the weekend as they surrendered top spot in La Liga as a result of that 1-0 reverse.
- Eden Hazard picked up an injury in Madrid's loss to Levante and is expected to be missing for a large part of what remains of the season.
- Marco Asensio is edging closer to a return to action following a serious knee injury but this game is expected to come too soon for him.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Courtois; Dani Carvajal, Varane, Sergio Ramos, Mendy; Valverde, Casemiro, Kroos; Bale, Benzema, Isco
Unavailable: Marco Asensio (Injured), M. Diaz (Injured), Hazard (Injured)
- Man City made it two wins in a row without conceding in the Premier League as they edged past Leicester in their clash at the weekend.
- With the Premier League title slipping away, Pep Guardiola's side are expected to push hard for the UCL title but face a tough tie.
- Raheem Sterling was expected to miss this clash but the attacker has a chance of featuring and is likely to start if passed fit.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Ederson; Walker, Fernandinho, Laporte, Zinchenko; De Bruyne, Rodri, Gundogan; Bernardo Silva, Aguero, Sterling
Unavailable: Sane (Injured)
Doubtful: Sterling (Injured)
- Real Madrid have won 3 and drawn 1 of their last 4 Champions League matches.
- Manchester City have won 5 and drawn 2 of their last 7 Champions League matches.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 10 of Real Madrid's last 12 Champions League matches.
- Real Madrid have scored at least 2 goals in 4 of their last 5 Champions League matches.
- Both teams have scored in Manchester City's last 4 Champions League matches.
- Real Madrid have scored the first goal in their last 4 Champions League matches.
Real Madrid come into this game with Man City on the back of two underwhelming results in La Liga. They will need to show major improvements on those performances with the English champions likely to seriously test them and in what should be an open game, both teams should find the back of the net.