2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Real Madrid vs Galatasaray Preview & Prediction
When does Real Madrid vs Galatasaray kick off? Wednesday 6th November, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Real Madrid vs Galatasaray being played? Estadio Santiago Bernabéu
What TV channel is Real Madrid vs Galatasaray on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Real Madrid vs Galatasaray in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Real Madrid vs Galatasaray?
Real Madrid – https://www.realmadrid.com/en/tickets
Galatasaray – https://europe.ticketbis.com/galatasaray-tickets/ca4291
What was the score in the last meeting between Real Madrid & Galatasaray? Galatasaray 0-1 Real Madrid
THE TEAM NEWS
- Real Madrid picked up their first win of the campaign in Istanbul two weeks ago but they were held to a goalless draw by Real Betis in La Liga at the weekend.
- Out-of-favour duo Gareth Bale and James Rodriguez are expected to miss out again as they work their way back to fitness, along with long-term absentees Marco Asensio and Nacho
- Zinedine Zidane could well name the same side that started against Galatasaray two weeks ago, meaning Marcelo and Federico Valverde would come in for Luka Modric and Ferland Mendy.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Courtois; Dani Carvajal, Varane, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo; Valverde, Casemiro, Kroos; Rodrygo, Benzema, Hazard
Unavailable: Marco Asensio (Injured), Nacho (Injured), M. Diaz (Out of favour), Bale (Injured), James Rodriguez (Injured), Vinicius Junior (Out of favour), B. Diaz (Out of favour), Odriozola (Out of favour)
- Galatasaray must avoid defeat to maintain any chance of qualifying for the knockout stages but they have not won away from home in the Champions League since March 2013.
- Sener Ozbayrakli will be assessed after coming off with an injury against Rizespor on Friday, but Mariano would probably have started at right-back anyway.
- Coach Fatih Terim will make at least one other change from Friday as Ahmet Calik is ineligible so Ryan Donk is set to be recalled at centre-back.
Predicted line-up (4-1-4-1): Muslera; Mariano, Luyindama, Donk, Nagatomo; Seri; Mor, Lemina, Bayram, Babel; Andone
Unavailable: Durmaz (Ineligible), Antalyali (Ineligible), Tasdemir (Ineligible), Calik (Ineligible), Akbaba (Injured), Falcao (Injured)
Doubtful: Ozbayrakli (Injured)
Galatasaray are yet to score a goal in the Champions League this season but they have only conceded two at the same time. Real Madrid are not in top form and are missing a few attacking players as well, so it will not be the walk in the park for the hosts that some might expect.