2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Real Madrid vs Club Brugge Preview & Prediction
When does Real Madrid vs Club Brugge kick off? Tuesday 1st October, 2019 – 17:55 (UK)
Where is Real Madrid vs Club Brugge being played? Estadio Santiago Bernabéu
What are the expected weather conditions for Real Madrid vs Club Brugge? Clear, 23c
What TV channel is Real Madrid vs Club Brugge on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Real Madrid vs Club Brugge in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Real Madrid vs Club Brugge?
Real Madrid – https://www.realmadrid.com/en/tickets
Club Brugge – https://www.clubbrugge.be/nl/tickets
What was the score in the last meeting between Real Madrid & Club Brugge? N/A
THE TEAM NEWS
- Since losing their opening Champions League game to PSG, Real Madrid have climbed to the top of La Liga with two wins and a draw, keeping clean sheets in all three games.
- Marcelo has been ruled out again having missed the last few games, leaving coach Zinedine Zidane without a recognised left-back due to Ferland Mendy's ongoing absence.
- Luka Modric made his return from injury against Atletico on Saturday and Isco should also be fit, while defenders Sergio Ramos and Nacho are available having been suspended for the PSG game.
Predicted line-up (4-1-4-1): Courtois; Dani Carvajal, Varane, Sergio Ramos, Nacho; Casemiro; Lucas Vazquez, Modric, Kroos, Hazard; Benzema
Unavailable: Marcelo (Injured), Marco Asensio (Injured), Mendy (Injured), B. Diaz (Injured), M. Diaz (Out of favour), Bale (Out of favour), James Rodriguez (Out of favour)
Doubtful: Isco (Injured)
- Jupiler Pro League leaders Club Brugge are unbeaten in all competitions so far this season having drawn 0-0 at home to Galatasaray in their opening Champions League group game.
- Midfielder Eder Balanta is the only injury worry for coach Philippe Clement after missing Saturday's league win at Mechelen with a hamstring problem.
- Loanee Mbaye Diagne could be given a start alongside David Okereke up front after coming on and scoring his first two goals for the club at Mechelen.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Mignolet; Ricca, Deli, Mechele, Clinton Mata; Rits, Vanaken, Vormer; Diatta, Okereke, Bonaventure
Unavailable: Balanta (Injured), Mitrovic (Injured)
Real Madrid will be determined to bounce back after that opening defeat to PSG and their performances in the league since have been good, particularly from a defensive point of view. Although Brugge are unbeaten this season, Los Blancos will surely prove too strong at both ends of the pitch.