When does RB Leipzig vs Lyon kick off? Wednesday 2nd October, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is RB Leipzig vs Lyon being played? Red Bull Arena
What are the expected weather conditions for RB Leipzig vs Lyon? Cloudy, 10c
What TV channel is RB Leipzig vs Lyon on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream RB Leipzig vs Lyon in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for RB Leipzig vs Lyon?
What was the score in the last meeting between RB Leipzig & Lyon? N/A
THE TEAM NEWS
- RB Leipzig were knocked off top spot in the Bundesliga at the weekend after a surprising 3-1 defeat at home to Schalke 04 on Saturday, their first loss under Julian Nagelsmann.
- Nagelsmann has been variable with his system so far this season, opting for a 4-4-2 against Schalke, so it is not certain how his team will line up.
- Midfielder Konrad Laimer returns from suspension while Ibrahima Konate and Christopher Nkunku are likely to be recalled, particularly given their French knowledge.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Gulacsi; Klostermann, Konate, Orban, Halstenberg; Sabitzer, Laimer, Nkunku, Forsberg; Werner, Poulsen
Unavailable: Kampl (Injured), Wolf (Injured), Adams (Injured)
Doubtful: Schick (Injured)
- Olympique Lyonnais' poor run of form continued with a 1-0 defeat at home to Nantes on Saturday, extending their winless run in all competitions to seven matches.
- Centre-back Marcelo returned to the side against Nantes after his recent injury but right-back Kenny Tete is a doubt after missing the game.
- Youssouf Kone and Lucas Tousart are likely to be recalled having been rested at the weekend, with Bertrand Traore, Moussa Dembele and Memphis Depay set to form the front three again.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Lopes; Dubois, Marcelo, Denayer, Kone; Reine-Adelaide, Thiago Mendes, Tousart; Traore, Dembele, Depay
Unavailable: Denayer (Injured), Cornet (Injured)
Lyon are going through a bit of a sticky patch but their recent record in the Champions League does offer some hope, with nine draws and just one defeat in their last 12 outings. Two of those draws were against Nagelsmann's Hoffenheim side last season and the points could well be shared again.