2019-20 UEFA Champions League – RB Leipzig vs Benfica Preview & Prediction
When does RB Leipzig vs Benfica kick off? Wednesday 27th November, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is RB Leipzig vs Benfica being played? Red Bull Arena
What TV channel is RB Leipzig vs Benfica on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream RB Leipzig vs Benfica in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for RB Leipzig vs Benfica?
What was the score in the last meeting between RB Leipzig & Benfica? Benfica 1-2 RB Leipzig
THE TEAM NEWS
- RB Leipzig have won their last five games in all competitions and will qualify for the Champions League last 16 for the first time if they avoid defeat on Wednesday night.
- Coach Julian Nagelsmann's defensive injury crisis worsened on Saturday as Dayot Upamecano was forced off against Koln, so Nagelsmann may be forced to rush Ibrahima Konate or Nordi Mukiele back.
- If not, Ethan Ampadu could make his Champions League debut with Stefan Ilsanker ineligible while midfielder Kevin Kampl is out after undergoing ankle surgery on Monday.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Gulacsi; Laimer, Klostermann, Ampadu, Halstenberg; Sabitzer, Nkunku, Demme, Forsberg; Werner, Poulsen
Unavailable: Wolf (Injured), Adams (Injured), Orban (Injured), Kampl (Injured), Ilsanker (Ineligible)
Doubtful: Konate (Injured), Upamecano (Injured), Mukiele (Injured), Poulsen (Injured)
- Primeira Liga leaders Benfica have won seven of their last eight matches in all competitions and they must claim another victory here to have any chance of finishing in the top two.
- Coach Bruno Lage is without key attacking duo Rafa Silva and Haris Seferovic due to injury so Carlos Vinicius, who has four goals in his last five league games, will start up front.
- The likes of Franco Cervi, Florentino Luis and goalkeeper Odisseas Vlachodimos are set to be recalled to the line-up after being rested in Saturday's cup match against Vizela.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Vlachodimos; Andre Almeida, Ruben Dias, Jardel, Alex Grimaldo; Pizzi, Florentino Luis, Gabriel, Cervi; Chiquinho, Carlos Vinicius
Unavailable: Rafa Silva (Injured), Seferovic (Injured)
RB Leipzig are on a five-match winning streak but they have only kept two clean sheets in their last 11 games in all competitions. Benfica have failed to score on just two occasions this season and given Leipzig's injury problems in defence, the visitors should at least get a goal or two.