2019-20 UEFA Champions League – Napoli vs Salzburg Preview & Prediction
When does Napoli vs Salzburg kick off? Tuesday 5th November, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Napoli vs Salzburg being played? Stadio San Paolo
What TV channel is Napoli vs Salzburg on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to UEFA Champions League matches in the UK, so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Napoli vs Salzburg in the UK? Subscribers can stream the match live on the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Napoli vs Salzburg?
What was the score in the last meeting between Napoli & Salzburg? Salzburg 2-3 Napoli
THE TEAM NEWS
- Napoli's league form has nosedived but a return to Champions League action could be just what they need to reinvigorate their season.
- The Italians have failed to win any of their last three in Serie A but they are undefeated from their three matches so far in Group E.
- Allan is sidelined for this contest alongside Kevin Malcuit but Faouzi Ghoulam is hoping to overcome a knock to feature in the squad.
Predicted line-up (4-4-2): Meret; Di Lorenzo, Manolas, Koulibaly, Mario Rui; Callejon, Zielinski, Fabian Ruiz, Insigne; Lozano, Mertens
Unavailable: Malcuit (Injured), Ghoulam (Injured), Younes (Injured)
Doubtful: Allan (Injured)
- Salzburg need to turn performances into points or face elimination from the UCL after Napoli edged them in their last contest.
- The Austrian side have scored 11 goals in this year's competition so far but that has only yielded three points in Group E.
- Salzburg come into this contest with an increasing injury list and there are doubts over the fitness of captain Andreas Ulmer.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Carlos; Kristensen, Andre Ramalho, Wober, Ulmer; Minamino, Ashimeru, Mwepu; Junuzovic, Haaland, Hwang Hee-Chan
Unavailable: Bernede (Injured), Farkas (Injured), Stankovic (Injured), Prevljak (Injured)
Doubtful: Ulmer (Injured)
Salzburg will sense an opportunity to come away from this trip to Napoli with at least a point owing to the home side's poor league form of late. The Austrian side have not struggled for goals in this year's competition and they are likely to be involved in a high-scoring contest once again.